• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 11, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Bryan, that is the plow I am borrowing all the time for the plow days. As I stated last night, the plowshare sits a few degree flatter and sure makes it pull easier and in any conditions.

Wes -

Looks like you can also adjust the coulter from side to side as well as vertically?

Also looks like they don't have the "twisting" problem of the Brinlys - gone would be the days of kicking the coulter back in line...

Hello All.......I'm on the verge of getting the Cub ready for it's trial run in the snow and doing some long deferred maintenance on the blower. A few notes back I saw a reference to gearbox oil level but what type makes these things happy while they're workin??
Thanks Again........JIM

That is correct Bryan. 2 years ago at the WFM plow day, I kept adjusting the coulter and I finally had it set that you could see where the coulter was cutting on the side of the furrow. I had the coulter cutting about 1/16 outside the moldboard, and about 3" deep. It was plowing so easy and good that even Robb had to pull over with his 140 and let me go by. My 109(129) has had this plow behind it for the last 3 plow days and my brother had no problems moving right along with very few trash problems. We did take the coulter off at Steve's last fall only because the coulter was balling up with mud and trash and that would eventually cause problems.

Wow, I finally made it in to work. I <strike>wasted</strike>, um, spent the day up north getting FCC testing done on some of our new equipment.

While plowing my garden last spring, I had a little trash build up on my old style 10" Brinly behind my AC620, but then I was plowing pretty deep, about 9" deep.

13803.jpg

13804.jpg

I need to get one of my Cubs plow ready, I need to get one of my Cubs plow ready, I need to get one of my Cubs plow ready, I need to get one of my Cubs plow ready, I need to get one of my Cubs plow ready, I need to get one of my Cubs plow ready, I need to get one of my Cubs plow ready, I need to get one of my Cubs plow ready, I need to get one of my Cubs plow ready, I need to get one of my Cubs plow ready, I need to get one of my Cubs plow ready, I need to get one of my Cubs plow ready.............................

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on November 12, 2003)

Hey Kraig, I see the plow but whatever that three point is attached to looks to be a little off topic!(you're my hero!) I still think "ya'll" are a little too infatuated with how deep you can plow. I'm not an expert but I always heard its not the length of the train but its the conductor that makes all the difference.....(lets see if ole Charlie is sleepin er not) ;o)

Shirtman,

Thank you, thank you, thank you....
Being a train freek since I was seven, I have a new on to add to the list now.
proud.gif

Let's all remember this come the next plow event...
<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

I need to get one of my Cubs plow ready, I need to get one of my Cubs plow ready, I need to get one of my Cubs plow ready, I need to get one of my Cubs plow ready, I need to get one of my Cubs plow ready, I need to get one of my Cubs plow ready, I need to get one of my Cubs plow ready, I need to get one of my Cubs plow ready, I need to get one of my Cubs plow ready, I need to get one of my Cubs plow ready, I need to get one of my Cubs plow ready, I need to get one of my Cubs plow ready............................. <!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>
happy.gif

Thanks Charlie ,we got your wind here late last night ,had a prety noisy night here up on the hill . I think all the leaves blew out of the woods and into my yard over night ,looks like more track vac time.

Tedd-
ANYTHING that the Sulzer Brothers make is huge, the smallest engine they made had 11" pistons.

FWIW, I think if you do a little looking the old Hamilton stationary engines might have been a little bigger, but the piston cooling wasn't was the Sulzer's is . . so I think the Hamilton was bigger but not as powerful.

Ted...

HOLY SHNIKEES!!

Hey guys.
I just got this IH sweeper. It doesn't have any I.D. tag on it. Can you please tell me what it is?
confused.gif

I don't think it is a 1-A. It's got a 30" wide sweeping path. Thanks!
13806.jpg

13807.jpg

Mike, I know... :eek:) FWIW, the post was on the topic of the plow not the tractor pulling the plow and was in response to Bryan's post about gardening:
<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

When's the last time ya heard someone complaining of trash buildup when they've plowed under their garden?<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

The photo was taken after plowing a furrow about 10' long in my garden, note the trash buildup.

Mike one thing about that off topic tractor, ground clearance is NOT a problem. (Even with a loader attached it still has ample clearance.)
13811.jpg

Art, feel free to quote me again when we get closer to the WFM Spring Break or the next Plow Day. :eek:)

Latest posts

Back