• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 11, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Oh I dunno Art, this thing might handle it, grin
13773.jpg

Phillip N, I think people are just trying to make something better. More power to them. We had a low clearence 6-14 for years and years it was our only plow. The brinley has a small percentage of what that plow had. I can remember putting the shreader in front of the disc before plowing stalks, heck that was state of the art in it's day. I'm a member here just like you and it ain't your place to be telling anyone to go home. Okay?

"sounds like your tryin to reinvent this plow
thing!!
look guys it was simple to take the coulter off
and go plow!!!!!!!! "

..........leaving a horrible furrow that caved back in, ridged up trash, and made it even harder to flow trash on the second pass.

Truth of the matter is, with the right coulter set up they will plow BETTER with the coulter on than they do with it off......and that's what we all want!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Steve:

Forge ahead full steam. I am glad you and others are addressing this issue. Maybe the thinkers can come up with some better ideas and make plowing even more fun.

Nothing looks neater than a nice square furrow with a neat clean layover of the plowed soil.

I used to hate to look back and see those sloppy furrows following me. Could not watch the blue racers chase me across the field.

Heck, it was even easier to stay in the furrow with those neat clean edges.

We would even challenge each other to see if we stepped off the head lands right so the final pass had an even strip to plow.

Imiss the good ole days of draging a 2 and 3 bottom trip plow around.

Might not be "full steam", but I'dl ike to try and get it fixed this winter!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

I would like to set up a 10" Brinley so that I can plow virgin soil.
I attempted to plow some ground today that has never saw a plow, had to remove old rotten tree stumps from area to be plowed.
Needless to say after 2 hours of trying to plow a furrow much less a clean furrow I finally gave up, but not befor I managed to bend the right side of my lower 3 point.
Now its back to the link pages to order anther lower 3 point bracket.

FWIW. I don't belive there is any one setting for these plows that is going to work in all types of soils, try out your plow and make any adjustments as needed.

I need some help, Does anyone have a copy, a sketch or a diagram of the lift modification from manual lift to Hyd. lift?
I need to make the part that connects the rockshaft to the Hyd. Cylinder After the manual arm is cut off.
Any help would be appreciated.

Starter generator question-
Does 1/8th of a horsepower sound right for the power rating of the cranking?

Charlie, wasn't there a instruction sheet that came with some hyd kits that told how to make the new bracket?
I need the dimensions in order to make it here at work tonight.

Digger, bring that thing and run infront of everyone except me, Steve B. & Phillip N.
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Charlie

On that Sxxt spreder from the last page my local New Holand dealer has one out back nice little thing for a hobby farm. A perfect cub sized implment.

Joe

Charlie,
I like your idea of putting a mower out front of the tractor. Or something to shred any trash into smaller pieces. Just like the pictures of European farmers and their tractors. Use an old single blade Snapper (Forest Gump) mower deck powered by the PTO. If anything the side discharge would blow the trash into the furrow in smaller pieces and onto the plowed ground thus stopping some erosion. :+)

Tom-
Actually, that plow belongs to Robb Kruger and was being towed by a <font color="119911">JD</font>!
(gulp!)
hide.gif

Back