Archive through November 10, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matthew S:
You'd better review part 12 of the Kohler manual if you aren't sure which mark to use.

Dennis F:
We used to cut out a bar on 55 Chevy grills to pull the cam out W/O taking out the grill...
clappy.gif

Killer lives!
bouncy.gif
buttrock.gif
drool.gif
icon_jam.gif
At ~6:05 pm Central Standard time, November 10, 2008 after several false starts, Killer fired to life and stayed running! It took me several false starts to realize that it wanted to be heavily choked. After Killer warmed up for several minutes I adjusted the idle screw, it took over 1 full turn out to get him to settle down with no choke. At 6:35 pm I shut Killer down. I'll head back out in an hour or so to re-torque the head bolts and start to put the #2 125 back together. And YES, I did take a video of the first start, including all the false starts, it's just over 2 minutes long, the video file is ~ 170MB. Now I'll have to figure out how to get the video posted....

David Kirk,
worthy.gif

Here's a pre-start photo showing my setup for the fuel tank.

96755.jpg

Here's a photo with Killer running, if you look close you can see the blur on the cogs of the starter/PTO pulley.
proud.gif

96756.jpg

Kraig, there is nothing better than a Kholer in a cub coming to life(ok a killer is better).
drool.gif
Something about your first pic of the 105 reminded me of the movie Short Circuit. Johnny Five as a cub cadet!
clappy.gif

hello everyone i was just wondering how much whieght is needed to plow with out useing chains on the tires my parents would kill me if the drive way got scratched again haha

andrew coffey (Acoffey) if you look at my post you will see tru powers, i plowed last winter with the 149 with 2 sets of weights.
Kraiq, you did it be proud,,,, My 14 smoke a bit and i still have to set the Cub to not over run and i`am taking her to a friends house and grade his 400 ft drive with the back blade. I think i should work her a little and see what she is made of .lol
worthy.gif

Finally got the engine painted, one of these days I will get it mounted in the Original.
beerchug.gif

96769.jpg

Just a thought, i`am wondering if anybody else has to refresh the page on this site 5 or 6 times to see all the pictures???And Kraiq face book would work for guys like me that just have to see and hear Killer K roar. Later Don T
thumbsup_old.gif

Andrew C.
I have JD 90 pound starter weights on the inside and 54 pounders on the outside of each wheel and it's NOT enough weight without chains.
96774.jpg

Kraig, what is the wattage of those lights you have bolted to the grille on your 125? I have a set of similar ones on my 71 along with on on the back for plowing snow in the dark. They are all 55 watt work lights. I've noticed that if I run all three it puts a hefty load on the SG and I don't care to burn it up so I have been only useing one or the other. All of the lights I've seen have been 55 watt even the small fog lights they sell at walmart are. I'm not sure what to do about it
1a_scratchhead.gif

Michael, I believe they are each 35 watt bulbs, no problem running all 4 headlights, a single tail lamp and an amber strobe light all at the same time. Might be because there is a full size auto battery on this 125.
dunno.gif

Well, Killer's head bolts have been re-torqued, the fuel tank is bolted on, and the proper ridged fuel line is installed. I did end up chipping the paint on the tank with one of the tank straps though.
bash.gif
It took a bit longer then I thought to get the fuel line installed as I had not cleaned up any fittings or fuel line from the engine that was in this 125 and were they ever greasy.
blush.gif
It's only 20 degrees out and my little shed is not heated, my feet are freezing. Sure could go for a heated shop floor like Don T. has, or at least a heated shop. I guess for now I should just wear warmer boots.

Don T., well, Killer isn't roaring in the video, only running around 1900 RPM, after I shut the camera off I used Art's electronic tach to adjust the RPMs to 1500 per David's procedure for the 1/2 hour warm up. After I get the 125 all put together I'll have to take another video with Killer revved up a bit.
bubbly.gif

Nick, very nice!
greenthumb.gif
I love the look of fresh paint, especially when it's Yellow.

Denny-
Thanks, but this tractor really isn't that nice looking.

Craig Carney-
Funny you should mention the satisfaction that comes from pulling the transmission out of one of these narrow frame tractors.

This one didn't want to come out the nice way.
96786.jpg

I tried the "punch and hammer" technique but even with some choice "coaxing words", it didn't budge. Then I thought I'd use to my advantage the fact that this tractor would be getting a creeper.

So I got out the Dremmel....
96787.jpg

That didn't really do the job, but since this tractor is getting hyd lift anyway, I removed the rockshaft and shoved a 4.5" angle grinder up there...........that did the job!
96788.jpg

96789.jpg

Then I used this neat tool to get that pesky roll-pin out.
96790.jpg

96791.jpg

96792.jpg

Kraig M.-
Congrats on getting that Killer Kohler running. I was looking at your 125 in the pictures you posted and I couldn't figure out why it looked so good, then I figured it out....

You removed the grill-shell.....
roflol.gif

Art, Killer says:
Slant Tongue.gif

Hey, I have one of those neat tools!
happy.gif

Why wouldn't the battery in my 1650 be charging during operation?

Eroc

I need some advice. I just bought a 129 last week. Originally it was manual but the PO put a external ram on the outside. It hooks up to the handle base and has a electric pump mounted on the fender. It came with a snow thrower and tiller. But with that ram there the regular lift rod does not work. What do i need to set it up with a factory hyd. lift?

Chad

Chad S.
129's didn't come with the hydraulic lift option installed from the factory.
So if you want to add it, your going to have to get a ported pump from another tractor and add it all.
Also,
worthless.gif

would using a drain cleaner like drano work as a parts striper?

Charlie:
Nice! (and again, a heartfelt THANK YOU to you and every veteran for ensuring our freedom!).
96804.jpg

Talk to a veteran today................

Latest posts

Back