• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 07, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
<font face="arial,helvetica"><font size="+1">
Hey Charlie,
help.gif
I know you have a wiriing diagram for a 782 with a M18 Kohler but I can't find it. I'm adding a new hour meter under the hood and want to know where to hook it up.

Thanks ahead of time.</font></font>
Larry

Okay, here it is! I ran my 106 hard for a few minutes, it got hot, then sounded like it was coming apart and quit. I have compression and it turns freely but it acts like it has a dead battery. It is getting spark. I just rewired it this past week and nothing is burning or smells like it. I have a ton of noise coming from the front pto area. It ran great before the rewire job and everything is hooked up correctly.What could I have done wrong?

Anyone have a copy of an Operators/Users manual for a Pincor generator attachment that they could post?

Alright, I got it running and it ran smooth but after I shut it down it wont restart!! Has a new battery and sparkplug too. Shows no charge on the meter except for when I turn on the lights. Scratching my head on this one!

hey ive been having a couple problems with my 100 lately. first off it doesnt recharge the battery itself and has to be jumped, i think its the voltage regulator, anyone knowhow to check? also the motor has been burning oil and blowing smoke. running way to hot also(turned the yellow paint on head bolts orange) any help would be greatly aprreciated. thanks

Maybe we could have the <font size="+2"><font color="ff0000">FAQ</font></font> button bigger so folks will look there when they have a problem...

Charlie, yes I was thinking about stopping by but my plans got changed. I did make it to Cabela's this morning as planned, but I needed to get home to take care of some stuff. I may have to take a day off of work next week and drive down.

If all goes well, tomorrow I should be able to fire up Killer! I had some parts to clean up and paint, the throttle cable bracket and a PTO. The cable bracket is primed, the PTO body and 3 PTO clutch fingers are warming up in the wood furnace room. I'll get them primed and painted tonight. Tomorrow after church I'll get the throttle and choke cables connected, hook up the remote fuel tank and start the video camera and see if it'll start. I'll hold off rebuilding and installing the PTO until Killer has been started and I have the governor adjusted properly. Art was kind enough to lend me a couple of tachs. An electronic one and a Vibra Tach. The electronic one uses a piece of reflective tape on the PTO end of the crank wouldn't make much sense to cover it up with the PTO.
blush.gif

Charlie, Yes I did look in The FAQ before I asked you and I just went through all 120 FAQ again and didn't see the wiring diagrams you sent me, but isn't there a differant wiring diagram when I have a Kohler Magnum 18 installed. It seemed I saw a wiring diagram sometime in the past. I can't find it again, so I thought I would ask for your help. Thanks
Larry

M.J.B. Boots...Take a look at item 21 on the first FAQ page, may be some help. Too hot...High speed needle valve set too lean ??b Also be sure there is nothing inbetween the head fins and the cooling shroud, seems mice like to build nests there. You should feel a good blast of air coming off the front of the engine if evertyhing is clear. Good Luck.

Yeah I looked at the FAQS as well and not a darn thing in there helped me out. I'm looking for HELP not another direction to take. I thought maybe I could get an actual answer not another check the FAQS comment. You know like when I asked if I might have done something wrong maybe, just maybe someone out there could have told me, because the FAQS sure didnt. Sorry for being short but I need some ideas.

Does anyone have a diagram of the clutch assembly for a 108? I got the engine running but when the clutch peddle is depressed nothing happens; the shaft continues to turn and can't put it in gear. I have no idea how this system works.
dunno.gif
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Scott S.
Not to belittle your problem, but you gotta understand something man.
WE don't know what you did or how you did it, so how can we say what you did wrong, if anything?
We could set here all day and night giving you things to check and still not figure out what's wrong with a machine we don't know and can't see.

What I've found over the years are that if it stops, start somewhere and eliminate all the obvious, and then start looking where you least expect to find something wrong.

You say it won't start. Does that mean that it will not turn over? Turns over, but doesn't fire? Nothing when you hit the key?

If it were mine, I'd check the voltage regulator settings and or burnt points, bad condenser, broken wire, loose wire, weak grounds, bad switch, weak S/G, Loose screws in the operator and on and on and on.
biggrin.gif

Oh yea!
As far as the check the FAQ answer that many get and then complain that they want answers and not another place to try and help themselves first.
Consider this, consider how much time and effort that it took for guys to do the things in the FAQ's and then consider the time it took to do them and then consider how many questions have been and could have been answered by checking them first.
And lets not forget the ever forgettable search function, that very few use. A good example is the wiring diagram that was asked for earlier and Kraig used the search and found it.

I'm not pickin on you specifically, so don't take it that way. Just help us help you before you go gettin short. 90% of the time, someone ask something, I do a search if I don't have it handy in my feeble mind to retrieve right away, LOL

That's my story and I'm stickin to it, even though I'll alienate many for it, and prolly get hate mail too.
pcwhack.gif

Reggie W.
At the risk is pissin you off by telling you to click the Parts Lookup Button above and entering in your model number and finding all the parts breakdowns for every piece of your machine. I spose I just as well go do it while do it while I type this.
96664.jpg

Ive asked a few questions on here and not got any answers,I figured because it was vauge or there was no simple answer!!The search works great and the answer to my questions has been answred 98% of the time.MANY of the questions i have, have already been asked!!

1 I do have though that i cant seem to locate (in the 789 posts with the word hydro in them!!)LOL is will a ported hydro such as from a 149 fit a 123, are they all prety much interchangeable?
Jason

Jason D.
If there is a question asked and no one answers, that pretty much means that they don't know or the answer is emailed direct to the guy asking and not posted on the forum.

As far as the rear end bolting up, yes it will. BUT, there's many issues that will have to be addressed by doing so, the main one that I can think of right off hand would be the hydro control linkage. And then there's the brake setup, the 123 has internal brakes and the 149 external.

Latest posts

Back