• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 06, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Richard P; Very well, thank you! Just waiting now for a decision on finishing them with a "correct" color or a silver/aluminum that I already have here. (they look much better in person than in the pic)
180801.jpg

In the tank now are NF steering spindles. I just ordered a #7 taper reamer from ebay (#300360794196). There's no end! Just finished a last-of-the-season tilling of the garden (read "weed") area with the 149/tiller.
Josh: Thanks for the posting on the cab. I really enjoy seeing original prices from the $1.25/hr. minimum wage days!
Have a great week, everyone!!
beerchug.gif

Frank A. Currier,
I was wanting to know because I have some 6-12s that I took to get sandblasted. About 4 or 5 weeks later I picked them up because they still were not done. There is another guy that says he'll get it done but wants $20.00 a wheel. So I figured if you liked the way it worked I'd go ahead and set a tank up. OEM colors....

Guys I did manage a few hrs in the garage today till the boss came and we had to go pick out an Xmas tree(You just can`t wait or all the nice ones will be gone). So I have the bolts all drill out of the exhaust
180811.jpg

Cause this is ready now to go back in.
180812.jpg

so thats what i`am up to. Later Don T
Man I suck at that, must have took 2 hrs lol
But i found a guy that can resurface my clutches
for $10.00 for one side. He said its a bunch of work to get the clutch all set up to cut. well $20.00 a Cub is really not that bad .

I can`t weld so these look like peanut butter lumps lol
180813.jpg

180814.jpg

Rich: The tank's the way to go. I'm not saying there won't be some "handwork", but the majority of the work will be done while you're doing other things. The biggest mistake I've made so far has been using a plastic container that wasn't designed to hold X amount of water at 7ish pounds/gallon.
Don did it (or did my moniter shrink)?

ok i got the new one home but it was too dark for pics it came with a deck and a deck shell neither in too good of shape... i also got a BB-36 snowblower that looks like it wasnt used much... no dings or bends in the augar at all, even the wear edge is in good shape! spins nice and everything, the only problem is there is some surface rust. ill get pics tomorrow.

Don:
Are you using a backer when welding up those holes? It makes it easier to fill them and control the heat. A piece of copper (the thicker the better) works pretty good - a carbon block does also..I know it can be a little tricky clamping, but I usually can find some way of getting it flat against the back side of the hole - I've got a couple of copper buss bars I rescued a long time ago - what kills me is the ones I threw away...
bash.gif

<font size="+2">OK, Who posted a wide picture?</font>
censored.gif
rant.gif

Matt S, <blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

ok i got the new one home but it was too dark for pics<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>
<font size="-1">Correct me if im wrong here, but dont digital cameras have a flash mode?
roflol.gif
<font size="-2">I know what you mean, Im just giving ya crap</font>

Frank A. Currier, thanks! I thought I would share it with everyone since its not everyday that you see something like that.</font>

Richard P,
Nice trailer... I have a similar project waiting for me after the 149 is together, a vintage Elec-trac trailer.... It needs a resh coat of Cub sprayed on it... Got more pics?

Latest posts

Back