Archive through November 06, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only time I've seen those holes used was for alinment pins when working on the PTO's.

Bren

Dean S.

I was mistaken yesterday when I said I had a
CW-36 on my 127, apond looking at it today I know now that it is a QA-36. Sorry if I caused any confusion.

KEN - You mention the front tires on Your 127 sticking on sidehills....The old narrow worn & hard GY 4.00/4.80 X 8's on My 72 slip sideways fairly easily....and I use that as the sign that I'm on about as steep a slope as I want to run on. My 982 has Multi-trac's on the front that were brand new when I bought it....and they stick so well I think the tractor would roll long before they'd slip....I'd really hate for that to happen.

Art - Are you getting of that age that it takes you longer to reload ?

Dennis - When I get to the front corner of the yard I have to turn down into my ditch line and it's a bad place to slide into. I did once with the 122 with the old slicks on the front and I had to get the monster to pull it out. The 2166 slides to but I think that's due to the lack of weight to hold the tires down. The 127 is the best to use and when I get around to fixing the steering box I'm gonna start using it more again.

So, does anyone else use a CCO to plow dirt? Or has plowday fever moved everyone up in horsepower?

Could someone save me some hassle and share what length bolts hold the weights in 6-12 rims?

Jerry B.
1/2"-13 X 3-1/2"
69966.jpg

BTW Jerry,
The Cub Cadet Parts Lookup button above is a wonderful tool to use for just about all technical questions such as yours.
thumbsup_old.gif

Jerry, I still use a 100, with a very worn engine that needs rebuilding, to plow the garden plot here. 2nd gear 3/4 throttle seems to work fine for me. Here even with chains and wheel weights the problem is still traction not HP. Second place problem is a tie between manual lift and high centering in corn.

Dave

Latest posts

Back