• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 06, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blanasa

displayname
Brian Lanasa
Try again. I need new tires for my 125 used mostly for mowing.(16x6.50-8) Any opinions on what tread style is better?
69845.jpg

69846.jpg

I'm not sure what the features of each are.
Thanks, Brian L

Brian I like the ribbed tire looks more like the original type.

While we are on the topic of snowthrowers, what does a CW-36 fit. Got one for nothing and need to know before I build a narrow frame of the wrong variety.

dean I have a cw 36 on a 147 it works good, even made the blower quick tatch.

Sorry about the small picture of the Brinly hitch adapter, it was all I had available. But, thanks for the replies. Its for sale, and just wanted to make sure that it would fit, before I bought it.

I suppose I could make it a quick hitch while its apart. I have managed to find a pile of narrow frame parts and attatchments. My son (shadow) wants his own cub and needs to learn to appreciate the finer things in life. If we go thru the work to build one and paint it I certainly wont put an old looking thrower on it. I figured on a 100 or 122. Got the hood for one and the motor for the other.

Brian L.

IMHO the best mowing tire in the Titan/Carlisle Multi-Trac CS...It is a deep tread turf tire that holds hills well and resists punctures due to it's 4 ply const. and deep tread blocks. I also think that it looks closer to a "period" tire for the older Cubs than many of the newer generic turf designs do.

69849.jpg

FWIW, I hate the 5 or 6 rib "ballon" tires on Cubs. Even when brand new they don't bite well on hard turns and will slide right down a hillside.

My original plan was for a "parts special" 100. I thinks I will stick to the plan. With a cw-36 snowthrower and a 38" mower.

Dean

I have a cw-36 on a 127 and see no reason it would not work on a 147 unless the pto takes a different belt size.
Here it sits awaiteing for the first snow fall of the blowing kind of snow, yesterdays snow squall does not count as the first snow fall in my book.
69857.jpg

Don't worry about the power cord laying in front of the snowthrower, it has been picked up and hung up where I normaly keep it.

Which is right where the chains are hanging in the uper left corner of the photo.

Brian L.-

I'll second what Steve B. said, those original ribbed tires SUCK. They've been on all of my winter tractors, and when you're plowing snow you tend to not be able to steer at all. I had the same problem at my 1st plowday. I have some multi-trac CS tires on the front of my 582, and so far I like them. Haven't used them in the snow, but for everything else they're decent.

Brian - My 127 doesn't slide on wet grass even in a ditch line with my fronts and I believe your bottom pic tire would be even better. With the rear tires and the weight of my brute I think it'll go anywhere.
69886.jpg

Richard C - No BBQ's here ;)

Tom H. -

I keep meaning to get some pics on the south side of Aurora - there's an old warehouse down there with lots of old IHC markings still visible.

Changed the rearend fluid in the gear drive yesterday. Previous owner decided that the rear coverplate Gasket needed to be glued to the casting, so I had to use a scotchbright pad to get her good and clean.
69890.jpg

I'm still in awe at the size of the ring gear and differential gears.
69891.jpg

While I agree with Steve B. and Matt that the multi ribbed flotation tires would not be any good for plowing snow or mowing on a side hill. They can be great fun on a snowthrower tractor making for quick 180° turns at the end of the driveway if you apply the proper hydro control and steering. At least it did when I was a kid clearing snow in my parent's driveway on the #1 125 Hydro! Yee Haw!
buttrock.gif
My #2 125 has front tires that grip too much, ah for the good old days.
happy.gif

69893.jpg

Hmmm maybe I should put the tires from the #1 125 onto the #2 125 and relive my childhood this winter...
clown.gif

69894.jpg

Back