• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 06, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig:
Regarding the SGHC.
Groups like this exist b/c its members are not capable of elevating their taste and understanding of the higer things in life. The things that make this world a better place to live (aesthetics, justice, literature, mathematics, physics, music) are of no use to them. They're base. They're the ripple drinkers of our time. They're the lowest common denominator. They're candidates for the Darwin award, etc. etc.

Ray L. -

This dissertation coming from a Hoosier?
roflol.gif

Gov:::::::::::::::::::
Listen mister computer jock. Talk to me AFTER you clean the powder sugar off your tie. . .

eww.gif

Ray L. -

LMAO, the powdered sugar on my tie is more scenery than will EVER be along I-65 in IN...

OK, OK, truce...
lol.gif

Bryan-
Some time ago David Kirk posted a "Killer Starter" addition to the engine in his 1250, would it be possible to have a link to the writeup of his work on this?

Bryan.
O.K. I'll let you have the last word. Pax.

True enough, geographically speaking, NW Indiana is not only flat, is a big depression. The region was altered (by man) when the Kankakee River, a once meandering stream with plenty of woodlands and back waters, was engineered into its current configuration: a drainage ditch. (T. Roosevelt used to come to the region b/c it was ripe with game and great for hunting). This changed.

Still, its a grand sight to see ag land stretching for miles and miles. (On the horizon, you can almost see an imperceptible curve of the earth). What's best is to see and hear big red CASE IH equipment dominating certain sections of the region. Harvest time is one of the best times of the year. Night time is way cool: distant combines lit up like Xmas trees in the inky darkness, lights cloaked by the dust of the 'round-the-clock threshing. . . .

Wyatt -

If there was a writeup I'd be more than happy to provide a link. But there isn't...

Ray L. -

Amen...

Hmm - just picked up this week's Chicago Reader - looks like some clown is pissed about the Field's chocolate display
wink.gif

RAY - You take a Creative Writing course lately? That's some of the most eloquent words I've ever read on this forum! Oh.... And I think You & Bryan fight NICE back & forth! Lots of practice Huh?
biggrin.gif

Gov:
Saw the article. Mr. Anton is misguided and should watch his rhetoric. Our staff artists created the display without reference to his work from conception through construction.

To keep this on topic, I humbly submit a pic of my slant grill. . . .

13649.jpg

Dennis:
Thanks.
No, I haven't had creative writing. Just see our farmers out there every day and admire how they can feed the world. . . .

RAY - Depending on timing, I run I-65 south from I-80/90 from time to time to visit Son in W. Lafayette. I kinda enjoy the trip once I get south of Rt. 30. Our favorite route is I-39 south to Rt. 24 or 116 then east to Rt. 52 just east of the "Border" There used to be a couple Cub Cadets sitting abandoned along that route couple years ago but I think Steve B. has them all bought up now! ;-)

Super Steer Upgrade??? Where did I miss this? Did a key word search and found nothing. What is the right Keyword? I want it. Tell me more! Will it work on my 782?
Pat

Charlie-
Not quite, there was some sort of starter David Kirk "hot rodded" that involved swapping out a commutator and such. About all I remember is he put it back together with the aid of popsicle sticks to hold the brushes back.

Super Steer-
I should have written this up and taken pictures when I did this, but being that I did it at Denny's place it would have been mistaken for a beer commercial!

OK, first of all this is an honest QUICK proceedure.
1. Obtain wheels w/ bearings axle, spindles and all from a Cub Cadet 1862, 1641 or similar tractor.
2. Remove axle assembly and set aside <font size="-2">throw it away, put it on Ebay, send it to Aytay . . . . whatever floats your boat</font>
3. Begin process by cutting a proper length 3/4" bolt to length so that it doesn't interfere with the oil pan (at least on single cylinder engines), leave only enough length for a jam nut.
4. Bolt-in axle from donor, use loctite on the bolt & jam nut. If you can it might be better to stake the threads if you can.
5. Bolt on the wheels and connect the drag link (use the drag link from donor tractor). Adjust toe and go!

You should see at least a 2' shorter turning radius, more one direction(LH/RH) than the other depending on how you want to adjust the drag link/spindle cap.

Why does this work? Main reason is that the kingpin is angled in the fore-aft direction making the tires lean in a little more.

Why is this a MUST DO? Ever cuss those darn spindle caps on Narrow Frames . . . nuff said!

(Message edited by wcompton on November 07, 2003)

Wyatt -

Just a thought (originated by Rob Houtz) - ever think of using one of the low profile nylock nuts from a mower deck spindle instead of a jam nut and Loctite? He says he does it all the time...

Bryan-
Dunno, never looked but I suppose that could work, BUT I don't often see nylon insert nuts that last long near engine heat and oil exposure When I worked at Waukesha we always tried not "nyloc" nuts as an option unless it was shielded from chemical exposure and the environment.

Then again those nuts must stand up to the environmental exposure, grease & bearing heat so I guess so.

(Message edited by wcompton on November 07, 2003)

Anybody have a picture of what the lower attaching bracket on a QA42A. The one bolted to the housing. Thanks, dave

Latest posts

Back