• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

147 Project

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did not make it down, but I did spend this past Saturday at the Nowthen Threshing Show which is about 20 minutes from me. There were a handful of old cubs, but I never caught the owners to chat. My son really did enjoy it, I hope to bring my tractors to that show next year, and continue to venture to more shows further out.

My wife is hankering for a camper to take the family on adventures like that anyway…

I’ve seen some of the prep work for the Nowthen show. I watch Squach253 on YouTube with his Cats and the Super M he and Senior just redid.

Got the PTO and flywheel pulley off. The PTO is all there, and in seemingly decent condition. The flywheel pulley (and crankshaft keyway) are a bit beat up though. Some googling led me to a Loctite brand product that might help with the keyway slop, but the loose flywheel really needs to be dealt with as well. So far that is not looking like a cheap replacement, but I'll keep looking and might shoot an email off to my local Cub Cadet salvage yard (Kyler K :LOL:)...

The hydro control lever is really stiff, I don't remember it being that tough to move before the most recent split and re-coupling of the 147 so I'll have to double check everything there. I suspect it is the friction washer/nut just being too tight though.

It also seems to be running a bit rich. It doesn't feel powerful as the 107 and the exhaust smells like gasoline. The carb is probably due for a good once-over anyway, I'm not sure I've given it much attention since I picked up this tractor.

Back