Archive through November 05, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paul, that is one very interesting tractor! Thanks for sharing, any chance you could post a photo of the front? What are the "C" clamps there for?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Scott T., I'm in Stueben County in Corning, NY. I was wondering because my dad knows an Ed Tietje from some years ago, and I thought it sounded familiar too. I never knew there was another Campbell, NY! Learn something new everyday!!
dizzy.gif

Can someone tell me the width on the #1 and #2 tillers?? Thanks. -Brian.

Kraig
You can see more across the street in the custom corner, if your up to crossing the street that is
shhh.gif

Lonny, sounds like there could be a chicken joke in there somewhere.... Thanks for the heads up.

A stock #1 tiller is 26" wide. With add on extensions it can be 32" or 38" wide.

Here's a #2 tiller datasheet with specs.

96577.jpg

96578.jpg

I just joined the group today. Lots of good info. I bought today a 149 with mower snow blower and tiller. Does anyone have a diagram on how the tiller and snow blower hook up?

Chad

Art
I can't find anything on that wheel on their web site, just drawings of some casters.

Kraig
The C clamps are just holding the grill to the frame. It hasn't been drilled to bolt it on.
96580.jpg

Here is a couple of pictures of the transmission case and the tires.
96581.jpg

96582.jpg

96583.jpg

96584.jpg

Paul-
You never TOLD us that it's a MUSTANG!
clown.gif

I would try to contact the people at AEROL maybe there's still an old timer who can tell you something about those wheels. Based on how that guy put this thing together, I bet there's an interesting story about what those wheel's were intended for.

Art
You notice that one is trying to gallop off, I normally don't let that brand in my driveway
biggrin.gif

Paul B., nice find on the custom cub. Or maybe prototype UPS vehicle?

Anyway to lookup interchangability of dash towers for narow frames? Parts lookup will not give part # for NLA towers.

hello guys i am getting a wide frame tractor but have a narrow frame plow and sub frame can i just get a new sub frame and keep my blade and the mounts on the bak of the blade that hooks up to the sub frame or do i need to get new everything to fit the wide frame ?

Andrew,

I belive all you will need is a sub frame to match your tractor, the plow frame should be the same size for both NF & WF IH tractors.

Tim K., I could be wrong but I believe that a pedestal from a 70/100, 71, 72 and 73 will all interchange as they all have a low tunnel frame. I believe the hood should also fit fine to the dash from series to series on these. The pedestal from a 102, 122, 104, 124, 106 and 126 should all interchange though the PTO handle on the 106 and 126 will be on the left side and the hood from one series might not fit perfectly to the dash on another series. The pedestal from a 105, 125, 107, 126 and 147 should all interchange and again the PTO handle will be on the left side for the 107, 127 and 147 and the hood from one series might not fit perfectly to the dash on another series.

Hugh C.
A 5/8" belt is to big for the PTO as well as the mule drive pulleys. It takes a 1/2" belt in most cases.
I'm afraid all you would do is destroy the belt with it riding up on the top of the pulleys.

PAUL B. - Mustangs were Only subject to disappearing back in the late '80's & early 1990's when the first 5.0L HO GT's came out... I had an '88 GT hatchback with t-tops, one of only 800+/- built. There's a lot of them still on the streets but they're all '87's, Production of t-tops stopped in Nov. '87, month Mine was built.
Great find on that Cubbie. Can't help You on the origin of those front wheels but if You MAIL that whole tractor to Me "Postage Due" I'm sure I can get the tires off the wheels for You. I need a new set of 43 year old frt tires for My 72, My 40 yr old ones are "falling apart"
rofl.gif

Keep Us posted when You find out more details. Looks like the steel in the frame, etc is/was a LOT thicker/heavier than IH used in the comparable tractor (70/100)

Latest posts

Back