• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 03, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
James - You say you need help BUT you don't say
help.gif
with what ...
You leave it open like that and there's guys around here that'll think you need it hauled away for free or that you need your taxes done while you're working on it... or maybe a keg that needs drained
beer2.gif

Speaking of which I gotta go to my stepdad's 72 B'day party.

Later!
69716.gif

Hellooooooooooooooooooooooo.......... Is there anybody out there?
dunno.gif

We're all gettin ready for that big wind that's headin our way!
STRONG AND GUSTY NORTHWEST WINDS LATE TONIGHT THROUGH MONDAY
SUSTAINED WIND SPEEDS IN THE 30 TO 35 MPH RANGE WITH
GUSTS APPROACHING 50 MPH WILL BE SEEN BEHIND THE FRONT.

Charlie ... your just hopin that all your leaves end up in my yard !!!
Any one got any pics of a qa 36 b on a quietline need to see the mount area TIA

Rob D.
The only thing different that makes it a B is the 5/8" pulley for the 82 series and the curved arms to keep it from hitting the hood.
69736.jpg

69737.jpg

This afternoon I was mowing for probably the last time this year on my Cub Cadet 125. Mowing some of the last tall grass and quite a few leaves. My wife was out with the hand mower doing the trimming.

My next door neighbor was out mowing too. All of a sudden neighbor John is pointing at me and making a slashing motion across his neck.
confused.gif

Next thing I know he's running towards while screaming "The mower deck is on FIRE ".
My wife is running over now too.

I get off the mower and look, sure enough it is on fire.

I get back on the mower and drive it 50' so the hose will reach. My wife has the hose on and I spray water on the deck putting out the fire.

Seems the deck belt broke and jammed next to the drive belt. It started smoldering and started the grass clippings/leaves on fire that were laying on top of the deck.

Sorry no pics. I felt it was more important to put out the fire instead of completely incinerating my Cub.

All I need is a new deck belt and I'm ready to mow again.

Neighbor John was nice enough to let me use his 2 year old Cub to finish my lawn. I didn't catch his tractor on fire.

wave.gif
Jeff

Charlie ...just wondering why I can't lock my quick attach lever. It wants to hit the gear box on the thrower. If ya want to get rid of em shoot me an email thnx Rob

BTW ... Charlie how long is your lift rod for the 1450 ? ... gonna make one the right length...

Rob D.
Use the adjusting do hickie on the side of the thrower to lower it down or loosen it.
I've seen many times where guys use to short of a belt and the are adjusted all the way up.
That will cause it to hit.

If ya look real close, you will see that my lift rod/bar is about 6" longer than need be. I use that same rod for the front blade.
To find the right length rod.
Run the tractor up on 2x4's front and rear, move the lift forward all the way and then back a 1/2" or so. Then measure center to center you got what ya need.
I'd go out and measure mine, BUT, I don't remember what hole is which till i go to hook'um up,
biggrin.gif

It should be around 28 or so inches long though.

Ok, I think I am the last person to get a rear hitch for a plow. Now for the bad part, Where are the weak parts to this setup? Should I beef up the hitch before it gets paint on it? Cannot remember hearing of anyone bending one up at a plowday. Only gonna plow with 7 horses for a while.

Dean,
The loader took about 3 weeks to build. I worked on it after work and the weekends. I have put more hours enhancing different parts.

Here are a couple of random thoughts about the loader. I would make sure the bucket is wider than the tractor. I would get a 4 valve stack for bucket lift, bucket dump, grapple, and implement lift. Running the pump off the flywheel side of the tractor keeps the pump out of the way and somewhat protected. Some people mount it off the front PTO. On my loader the front PTO is available for tilling or snow throwing. I had to shim the flywheel pulley out another 1.4" so the belt wouldn't rub the shield. I also took the 1/4" bolts that hold the drive shaft coupler to the pulley and lengthened them so they thread into the shim. This gives extra side load strength to the pulley. I built a reservoir tank for the hydraulics and put it in the tool box under the seat. Later I was regretting not using the rear end as a source for the hydraulic fluid. I since changed my mind after seeing how dirty the fluid gets. I don't want to contaminate the hydro's hytran. I will soon be modifying the tank setup. In order to pull the fenders I have to disassemble the hydraulic lines to move the tank out of the way. This gives me access to the fender bolts at the bottom of the tool box. I plan on cutting the tool box off the fenders. Then making some flanges to reattach it to the fender. Then to remove the fenders I can leave the toolbox attached to the tractor. If I need to get to the hydro I can lift up the tank and remove the tool box bolts. I'll probably snap some pics when I do this modification.

So, if an original will mow knee deep grass in third gear will I be able to pull the plow in high gear as well?
Trying to get somthing going for the morning!

Jerry - Yep you can pull the plow in high gear with it 6" above the ground ;)

Ya krazy man ?
dizzy.gif
you be lucky to get in second gear!

Terry B...

I am still in awe as to how much weight that one-amed loader can handle.....DANG!!

thumbsup.gif

Latest posts

Back