• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 03, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Last year the 1450 was first out the door,
69662.jpg

This year, I'm thinkin BIG SNOW, so the 149 is first our the gate.
69663.jpg

Well that and I had to make room for the 782D in the back.
biggrin.gif

I had to move the 169 out to the other shed for the winter.

Charlie, are those NOS IH chains? How much do you want for them?

Donald - I've not seen a Norton for some years now. Buddy of mine had a 750 Commando and an 850. He got on a Yamaha to ride it to Ohio and 'bout went over the front when he hit the brake and it down shifted way down
biggrin.gif

Ryan - Weight box ? I could have swore it was a Port-a-Pottie ... looks like a hole in the top
dizzy.gif

You're in Charlie's league now buying that as cheap as that
beerchug.gif

Hauled some more logs today. I decided to calculate the weight of the first one in the first picture. Its roughly an average of 14" in diameter and its roughly 7' long. The density of Box Elder, Maple, Ash, etc are all around 50 pounds per cubic foot. The log is roughly 7 cubic feet. That calculates to 375 lbs. It didn't even lighten the rear wheels, no spinning, so that weight sounds about right.
Sure beats cutting it up in the field and loading the trailer by hand. I didn't even break a sweat.
69676.jpg

69677.jpg

69678.jpg

69679.jpg

KENtucky, I never thought of that, it does look like a port-a-pottie, mabey there's a reason someone put sand in it! I might not want to find out what's underneath all that sand!
biggrin.gif

Terry how many hours did it take get it all put together. Is there anything you would change? I think A cadloader would look great on my 129 project.

CAN ANY ONE HELP? I AM BUILDING A REAR BLADE FOR MY CUB CADET 149 .

I HAVE MADE THE BRACKETS FOR THE REAR BLADE . THERE IS ONE ONE E-BAY I HAVE BE TRYING TO COPY .

Hi all, its realy nasty up here with that rain and wind.Terry Busch (Tcbusch) it would be nice if you posted how that grapel works.a picture answers soo many questions lol
later Don
worthy.gif

Don T.
Do a search for the word grapple, and you'll see everything Terry did while building it.

James M.
Two things,
Take your caps lock off and pics would be nice, especially since we have no idea what kind of rear blade your wanting to build.

Ryan- That 1250, if I were u I would not touch it if it smokes & runs bad. I have a fix for that sort of a problem down here (Kentuck knows what that is). Just unbolt the snow thrower & lift that off your trailer. Then send me a GPS fix of the back end of the trailer, & I'll have a friend here with a post hole digger put a hole there for you to tip in to. You get your $175 worth with the snow thrower (even in US$ I reckon), & I would have probly the only 1250 in OZ&NZ.

Hi, all. I've got a problem with the center spindle on my early style mower deck. This is the deck where the spindle housings are integral with the cast pieces of the deck. Problem was, the dual pulley had about 15°of play relative to the main blade.
sad.gif

69712.jpg

When I tore it down, I found that the upper portion of the spindle had split along the woodruff slot and the whole end of the spindle was mushroomed out. Had to grind the upper part of the spindle down before I could even drive things apart.

So I've been keeping my eye on ebay looking for a replacement spindle. But so far, I've only seen spindles from the later decks (68-71). These are the ones that bolt on separately from the big castings:
69713.jpg

So here's my question: Does anyone know if the 63-68 and 68-71 spindles are interchangable? I checked the parts look-up, and found that all the parts that they work with (bearings, seals, spacers, pulleys) are identical between the two styles. But the spindles themselves have different part numbers (473436 vs. 489389). I'm a little concerned that IH might have changed the diameter of the cups or something.

Anyone know if I can use the 68-71 spindles on an early deck?

ok no caps lock . i will try to post some pictures. i am new at this.

Charlie, are those Wheel Horse bars, I'm thinking (no not again)I have seen them on a Horse.
dunno.gif

Latest posts

Back