Archive through November 02, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cellis

displayname
Craig Ellis
Charlie: Did you get my off-line message? I haven't heard from you and wondering if you got it. Craig E.

I know I've asked before, but since we've gotten so many new guys, I thought I would ask again if anyone had any of these?
43687.jpg

43688.jpg

Craig,
Noper, not a thing.

Craig E.,
I agree with your accessment of David K.'s tires, VERY NICE balance in tire size vs. tractor!

David K.,
In addition to tire info, please share any info on any mods you needed to make, if any, to get them to fit under your tractor fenders. Did you use your stock rims or ?

I'm interested putting them under my 129...

Thanks!
RW
beerchug.gif

I'm having way to much fun diggin through boxes today!
Anyone for Kind Codes!
43703.jpg

This is just a portion, my dang scanner isn't long enough!
43704.jpg

Charlie, Myron B. might like to see that kind code sheet in a high resolution, 'course, he might already have a copy.....

Charlie,

IH would send the owners registration cards to the dealer that sold the product, who usually retained them for the customer. I believe IH started using them in late 60's or early 70's up through the end in 1985. They were used for completing warranty claims submitted to IH for credit. Back in the days before personal computers, warranty claims were manually filled out. There was a special machine that each dealer received that had a place to position these cards on and the warranty claim form was laid on top of it. Then a rubber ink roller mounted on an overhead track was moved over the form and the owners information was imprinted on the form. It was similar to the old manual credit card form machines of yesteryear but still found occasionally in rural areas.

I remember my Dad and Mom digging through our stacks of cards for our customers and filling out warranty claim forms on many a Sunday afternoon back in the 70's. My mom sure doesn't miss doing that anymore!! I don't remember for sure if I still have any of them around or not. We gave our customers their cards that still had products under warranty when we closed down back in the early 80's so they could still get warranty service done at other nearby dealers.

Charlie, can ya send me a high resolution version of that please? TIA
happy.gif

Hi Folks,

We have cleared part of our pine woods for a garden. We have a few inches of loose top soil with sand and sand loam beneath. Not particularly rocky. Plenty of roots for the time being. Anyway, we are thinking of raised bed gardening next year. For you implement buffs and fabricators, I'm wondering if anyone has seen plans for or an actual attachment/implement that might fit on a cc for building raised beds. I imagine a trapezoid shaped box blade with no back, just sides and a top, wider by the tractor, narrower at the back, that gathers dirt as it is pulled along shapes it and dumps it out the back into a 6 to 8 inch high by 3 feet wide raised bed. I don't want to go with wood or cinder block raised bed boxes until we work at refining our garden design for a few years.

Eric N.
Nope, they didn't make such a beast.
Just put a blade on the front and go for broke, they make for a good time!
43716.jpg

43717.jpg

Been out playing in the first snowfall with the 70 and blower, does well if in the wet sloppy stuff, I did notice on thing, the insides of the muffler are glowing cherry red. I run the original style "pepper pot" muffler and its brand new. I am guessing a jet or two are plugged up in the carb again and its running lean on me. It is running good with plenty of power. I dont think the insides of the muffler glowing are normal however. The carb has been rebuilt in the last year. Cheers Mike T

On the topic of aggs, Ilove them and wish I could afford more for the rest.
43720.jpg

<font color="ff0000">apparently we missed Terry B's excellent post about why one should hit ENTER BEFORE any pictures</font>

Latest posts

Back