Archive through May 31, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kweaver

displayname
KENtuckyKEN
HH - Here's a hint
191521.jpg

What have you got out in the shed now besides the pristine 169 ?

KENtuckyKEN (Kweaver)

Ken I got a spare rag joint her I could send over and you have some power steering parts you could send over here.
clappy.gif
old.gif

Looks like a 129 or 149 ?

Donald - That pics 10 years old ... don't ya think I've replaced it by now ? Don't you believe in me Don ?

Ken
Yep I`am a believer lol. But I think you may have put off the replacement some.
clappy.gif
clappy.gif

Donald - That's twice today I've been hurt. Keep it up and I'll go fishing ...
biggrin.gif

Well I had plans for the 129 to build a loader on it and put on a ported pump but turn the dash and loader around over the rear and use hydraulic steering with the 20 Kawasaki I use to have. But the Kaw wouldn't sit in the frame right and I refuse to cut a frame so ...

No I never did replace the flex disc.

Ken

some how I just knew that lol. Time for a pill so I can do some building in the am. I do wish I had power steering on my loader. I have to plan every move as not to put to much strain on my arms and the steering box. I found a good way to rebuild it lol. I just use the bucket to lift the front of the 129 off the ground and drop the steering box down through.I will have to order some more Parts from Charlie soon If he will answer my emails LOL. Later Don

animatedihbear.gif

Allen
I will be using and air nailer,But I will supply refreshments and eats. Come on over!

Harry my bad I Really did meen to type 169, I dream of finding a original 169 with hydralic lift, the hour meter on the side is a good look.

Allen - That's how I got the new clutch/flywheel in the TOY last week
beerchug.gif

My hand can't hold a hammer anymore though. If it could I wouldn't have a big azz leak in the kitchen ceiling !!

Hydro Harry,
I see in your before pic that the fiberglass dash is missing some pieces in the usual places, but it looks pretty good in the after pic. Did you repair the old one or replace it? I'm looking at repairing the one on my 149 but I haven't worked much with fibregass. If anyone has any tips I would appreciate hearing them.

KENtuckyKEN
Just to bad you live sssssoooooo far from here cause I would come and give you a hand,cause that is the way i`am.We could let you be the boss and I can follow orders. let me see how many pills can I bring over lol

I've got a quick question for anyone willing to help me out... I'm thinking about buying a hydrostatic Cub thats not running (I've got a 124). Im sure I shouldn't just roll her up onto my trailer, but is there any way (or I should say, a fairly easy way) to disengage the hydro so I could roll her around safely? Any ideas?
Thanks,
Kenny

Michael A. Miller
I worked at a fiberglass plant for 25 years and I haven`t got my 129 dash repaired yet. I think some 8 oz boat cloth would be a good start and epoxy resin so it can flex with out breaking. My .02

Ken,
There is a lever on the right side on the tunnel that you move for free wheeling a narrow frame cub.

I'll get a pic BRB

Jeff

Don-

That 129 would look even sharper with rigid lines to the loader. Have you considered that? I'm assuming, that is, you're planning to just replace the rubber. I also imagine it's a cost effective thing too if that's the case. The main thing I would consider is the space. These tractors are very limited and I think I remember you mentioning they (hoses) were in your way one time for doing something.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day and understand why we have it in the first place. We owe our lifestyle to it every day.

Kentuck-

Thanks for your contribution today on that subject.....Wayne

Ken G. - There's suppose to be a little handle on the right side of the tunnel that will press down on the release valves. They are almost always broke under the tunnel though. You can push it for a short distance without releasing the valves but NOT tow it.

Donald - You don't need to bring anything.

Michael - I had been thinking about doing a "How To" on fiberglas 'cause I built boat molds in my past life. That's where I crushed 2 disc rolling over a 21' cuddy cabin mold.
My 127 has a bug chunk out of the bottom right corner that would be a good project.

191528.jpg

The above picture is the drive position

191529.jpg

This is the free wheeling position where it makes it possible to push it around.

Jeff

Jeff - Does yours still function ?

Donald - If you're in the house you have mail in the garage.
Now it's past time for my blood pressure pills.
If you don't have a complete heart do ya need the whole pill ?? Actually 4 per day ... but 2 would be cheaper !

Wayne - My Great Uncle (who was my favorite one) was one of America's first Paratroopers. He jumped on D-Day. He was cool for an old fart but cancer took him in '75.

Ken,
Mine works perfectly. ( or it did until you asked. I better check it again
clappy.gif
)

Latest posts

Back