• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 29, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks charlie but maybe im missing something! i still dont see where it says the size of the belt i need for the tiller to the gear box

Wayne if you have compression it's probly not a broke cam, might be some sticky valves but you'd think those would let go when it cooled off so it would start. I think if I was you I'd pull the + coil wire and run a hard line right off the battery and see if it'll run. A bad ignition switch could show spark when cranking but not in the run position.

Is there a good mower deck belt chart?
1a_scratchhead.gif

I've looked but I'm terrible at looking up that sort of stuff.
Something that lists all the decks for cub cadets. Both belts like the mower deck belt and the drive belt that goes to the PTO.
And maybe something to cross reference from other sources.
a_blink2.gif

i have a question

just got a 3point setup on my daughters Pink 72

i have a sleve hitch and a 10 " brinly plow

i got everything hooked together lastnight and there are so many possible places that things can be hooked up where would be a good place to start?

there is 3 holes on the bottom 3 point i am in the middle one
on the lift straps i am in the middle of the 5 holes
any ideas or hints to get everything setup?

thanks

Thanks Dave-

It took me an hour just to get the tractor out of the garden. The tiller is still sitting there. That's the big fall back with hydraulics; you can't raise and lock the implement very easily.

I took the head off and found nothing really. I've never been in this engine so I figured I could take care of carbon build up etc. while there. It was actually pretty clean. I also found a .020 over piston. Doesn't that make it over 17hp technically? I'm going to get another head gasket even though this one isn't blown...just dirty. I'll resurface the head too and maybe lap/reset the valves. BTW, the intake seemed to be working fine. I took the crankcase breather (cover) off and found no filter material around the rubber spacer. I think that shoud be there as well. Everything was very oily from the cover down like the crankcase wasn't breathing well.

I keep thinking of how it shut down yesterday. It was just like when a rock lodges in the tines and stops everything. Can an electrical problem cause an instant shutdown like that? I think I have another switch I'll try too.

Latest posts

Back