Archive through May 27, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Billy D,

You took the words Right out of my Mouth,,, I refreshed the page before Posting and There Was Your Post about How "Beautiful" Marty's 128 is.

Anyway That Seat for $70 to Hold up this long sounds like you got a Good Deal,,,

Also I Love The AG Tire Look,,, Very Beautiful 128,,,,

Small Yard here so I Figure the 149 should do the Trick Mowing,,,,

I'm "Almost" Thinking about Leaving just the White Pan, or have Considered White upholstery????

Hmmmm,
1a_scratchhead.gif

Kinda Like the Look, Maybe,,,

304850.jpg

I don't want to Get Banned From the Forum or anything for Inquiring such a thing, BUT any Thoughts on White Seat for a 149????

ihrotate.gif

Attachments

• 1a_scratchhead.gif
    1a_scratchhead.gif
    774 bytes · Views: 109
  • 304850.jpg
    304850.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 123
  • ihrotate.gif
    ihrotate.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 99
  • ihrotate.gif
    ihrotate.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 106
  • 304850.jpg
    304850.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 113
Hi Jason,

I see you are a relatively new member. I haven't issued you a formal welcome yet, so WELCOME!

I see you are from Dayton Ohio. I just moved from Ohio down here to West Virginia. While I love it here, I do miss Ohio at times.

Anyway, as far as your seat goes, I would go with black, but if you like white, then go for it! There is nothing wrong with adding a few custom touches to a project- to me, that is what makes it 'yours'. Just my 2 cents.

You will really like it here. I couldn't imagine a nicer group of guys to talk with about these tractors, and there is so much knowledge these guys contain it isn't funny. Have fun, and welcome again!

Agreed, Black it will Be.

As Long as Upholstery Shop can simulate original seat leaving Bottom & Rear of Pan Uncovered.

Thanks!

ihrotate.gif

Attachments

• ihrotate.gif
    ihrotate.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 101

Billy D.

Congrats on your recently acquired IH enthusiasts, there is nothing like good people getting together talking Harvester's weather it's your Livelihood or Hobby.

I also recently moved, June 1st will be our 1yr in New Home. Well New to us Considering it was built 84ys ago in 1932.
It felt like being a kid on Christmas Morning Peeking around corner and trying to snap a few pics of boy on the IH for the First Time without him noticing or knowing how excited I was!

304856.jpg

304857.jpg

304858.jpg

When we picked up this 149, on April 23rd last Month and not Knowing much about IH Tractors, the neighbor a friend of the family who had been maintaining it since the passing of the dad who purchased it New in 1974 was eager to answer any questions and very courteous to our being unfamiliar with tractors of this era. We actually talked with the family and the neighbor friend for almost 3hrs before loading up and heading back home long after sun had set. Some of the friendliest people we have ever met. Since deciding on an IH Cadet to maintain this Newly acquired property every experience I've had with people concerning anything to do with the 149 has been nothing but GOOD!!!

Anyway Thanks for the Warm Welcome, I've had Nothing but compliments, congratulations, and good advice since registering here!

Thanks Billy D. and thanks to All here at ihcubcadet.....

ihrotate.gif

Attachments

• 304856.jpg
    304856.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 103
  • ihrotate.gif
    ihrotate.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 98
  • 304858.jpg
    304858.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 111
  • 304857.jpg
    304857.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 113
  • 304857.jpg
    304857.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 123
  • 304858.jpg
    304858.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 113
  • 304856.jpg
    304856.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 110
all this 149 talk, well here is mine today

304861.jpg

Attachments

• 304861.jpg
    304861.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 111
  • 304861.jpg
    304861.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 106

Jeff B.

Very Nice Lookin 149,

And Even Better Looking is The "WORK" it's done just behind it???

Awesome Pic,,,,

ihrotate.gif

Attachments

• ihrotate.gif
    ihrotate.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 100
Jason,
greenthumb.gif

Attachments

• greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 112
  • greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 112
Hi Jason,

We just moved into the house built by my great-Grandfather in the early 1900's. It is a Jenny Lind style home. We are SLOWLY working on getting it back into shape.

Though I digress, I do agree that this is probably the best web site to talk about these old tractors. This may be one of the best web sites period. I enjoy picking at the senior members brains, as they know so much about this stuff, and have no problem teaching kids like me about this stuff. At times I wonder how they keep their patience, lol.

I think that when I can gather up the funds for another tractor, it will be a 149. I really want a 169, as those are quite rare and were very powerful in their day. Another reason I want a hydro-static drive is for the hydraulic lift. As Dad gets older, I want him to still be able to use the equipment I will have down here, and keeping the manual lift isn't a feasible option. By the time I find all the pieces for an electric lift, the cost will warrant me buying a hydro, so I am just going to go that route!

Anyway, thank you to all the past and present veterans for their service on this Memorial Weekend!

Latest posts

Back