• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 27, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, unfortunately there isn't TSC in this country which is where most people seem the go for their paint, the link is very helpful, thank you.

Evan S.
Try this link.
thumbsup.gif

http://cubfaq.com/paint.html

Stator / rectifier charging numbers....

28-29 VAC across the stator wires should yield 14-14.5 VDC referenced to ground on the charge wire (center VR pin).

The rectifier in the voltage regulator simply "chops off" and reverses one side of the full AC sine wave form , creating a DC current at 1/2 the amplitude. So if you want to charge at 14 VDC, you need 28 VAC on the stator (28/2 = 14).

Note: 35 VAC on the stator will overcharge the battery.....

Went to change oil in my CC86 with a K181 engine and there are no drain plugs on the sides of the engine or bottom. I went to NAPA got a hand siphon and hand pumped the 2 pints out. Is this a rare K181?

Jeremiah...Thanks for the info..as stated..that would make good info in the FAQ file..

Mr.Plow..also..good numbers ,had pretty much all that across the board

So...as I installed a new rectifier and continued the process...i was getting great readings AC but nothin on the DC side ..i was really getting to wonder what was up...as I also stated the PO had done some rewire and when i had finished putting everything back electricial....I had not wired the stator back into the system..i was trying to pull a DC reading off the middle terminal and was getting nothing... That was when Caleb walked in and after discussion and looking at the wiring diagram..it was then when we decide to complete the system wiring...started the tractor and it started to charge...You have to have all the wiring complete to get a reading So ...another cub joins the Morgan fleet as a back up mower and maybe a new plow machine....thanks Guys ...for the input and advice!!...
Shift.gif

Does anyone know how you can check the oil level in the transmission on a CC 70?

Ewan, there is a fill/level plug on the rear of the transmission. The Hy-Tran should be up to that plug.

296922.jpg

296923.jpg

296924.jpg

Thanks Jeff Baker, maybe it could have a insie in stead of an outsie drain plug but still you would have to remove the engine to get to that plug. I looked up the info on a K181.

Cletus,
Shouldn't have to remove the engine to change the oil.
1a_scratchhead.gif
Wondering if someone swapped out the engine or oil pan from a different application? Other tractors back in the day used Kohler engines with different oil pans to match up with the engine mounting for different brand tractor.

Ewan,

I have made grill's for 70/100 from door grille's that are used to protect screen doors from damage by pets and children, and to help prevent children from pushing an arm thru, or falling thru, the glass of a storm door. The first picture is of one of these door grills (available from hardware stores or home/building supply stores here). The second picture is of a replacement 70/100 grill made from one of the door grilles on the left, and a original 70/100 grill on the right. These door grilles can be found with different types of metal inserts, so you may have to look around to find something close to the original.
296952.jpg

296953.jpg

Nice option Paul.....an "out of the box" solution that looks very close to original!!!!!

Paul, thank you for posting that!
greenthumb.gif
I have seen that stuff in hardware stores and never made the connection.
bash.gif

Latest posts

Back