Archive through May 26, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Feels like its gonna rain here, looks like it to, but its dry for now. Rained good all morning killing any good flea marketing this morning. Working on my cco's mower deck, its just getting a real quickie for now. Its off to a fellow member for welding and sandblasting rehab this fall. Cheers Mike

Glen,
I guess you missed these a couple weeks or so ago.
58777.jpg

58778.jpg

Thanks alot Charlie, I am going to try and get the links from Chris W., (classifieds) and adapt them to my sleeve hitch. I have a plan drawn up, and hope to get it under fabrication soon, but I have to finish my engine rebuild soon, mowin season is here, and my other tractor isn't up to the task of mowing my hill.

Nice cat 0 set up there Charlie, I alwasy wished cub cadet had offered that option for the larger wide frames.

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

By KENtuckyKEN (Kweaver) on Sunday, May 27, 2007 - 02:45 am:

Speaking of paint ...I then sprayed it Sunburst Yellow from a rattle snake's tail...<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Ok, I'll bite.......
KENtuckyKEN, What is a rattle snake's tail?
confused.gif

Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Some of this reminds me of guys that have classic cars. Some hot rod them and never get to the body, which in time rots away. My thought was, if it runs, get the body in good shape, then hot rod it. To each his own.

My tractor has it's share of scratches and dings, and gets more each year. I wash it a couple of times each month, and wax it twice a year. When I had it apart, I gave it a quick sand and rattle can treatment. My belif is the same as with the classic cars. Keep them nice now, and they won't be some much work later.

I got lucky on both my rigs, the paint was and still is pretty good on everything. They could both use a paint job but they are still looking pretty good a buffing and wax job made the 1250 pretty shiney again and some armorall on the tires but the pair still need new seats.

What is the lift cap. lbs..of Rich's hitch/tractor that it is on??...thanks

Always that way, no matter how good the old tractor looks, the seats are always needing replaced. Thats one of things I like about the old 7hp pan seats, never an expensive seat pad to go bad. I actulay prefer the pan seat over a black soft seat, stays cooler, its comfortable for me and I can put a pillow or my shirt underneath me if I am on the tractor for long durations mowing. One of my first jobs on the farm was bush hogging with a Farmall H, so I am used to long hours in a pan seat. We had a mixed bag of tractors on the friends farm I basicly grew up on. The old H was for bush hogging, 2 big Versitiles for the heavy field work and a JD 4020 narrow front for bailing hay. All open cab except for the big versitile 4x4's. I helped farm 4800 acres of corn and beans. We had two fields in hay and 3-4 fields in just wild grass/weeds as the state was paying my fiends uncle to not use them for a certian duration, those are the ones I had to bush hog once a month. Cheers Mike

What a timely discussion on paint! I'm about to shoot my 122 after tearing it down, rebuilding the motor and stripping off the 4 (yes FOUR, including 2 brush jobs!) coats of paint the previous owner had on it. Considering I got it for free, a little elbow grease was not bad at all. Hope the weather holds here in southeast PA for the wipe down and primer coats. I hope to post pictures soon.

When a rattle can plugs is there a easy way to unplug them. I sanded my rear fenders and primed
them. i now have 2 can`s of cub yellow that won`t spray. Help i hate to waste the paint.
thanks don

Donald
Just do what I do steal the top off another can of paint. For next time hold the can upside down and spray it the paint will clear out of the tip and it should be clean for the next use. I would try soaking the clogged tips in solvent and try to blow them out with a compressor.

William - DON'T DO IT

Man WHY would anybody want to "shoot a 122" ?

Ryan - Some ppl call'em "rattle cans" , "paint bombs" , "spray cans" ... I just felt like changing it !
If you don't know what a rattle snake's tail is ... stay out of the woods!

Did a little assembly work on the 100 project today. It was king of the ratty Cubs when I pulled it out of the weeds about 5 years ago.
58791.jpg

58792.jpg

Matt - Lookin good ;)
What are you doing taking pics BEFORE cleaning your spray gun ?
bottom.gif

Latest posts

Back