• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 26, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rvanmersbergen

displayname
Ray Van Mersbergen
John B...love your photo!...but may I suggest that Memorial Day is reserved for those who perished on the battlefield. Veterans Day is reserved for those that serve and have served. Both days are to be given highest honor and respect. All gave some,some gave all.

John L, Glad to hear you got your jumping belt fiquired out.

129 K-301 Overhaul Problem: So I replaced the rod, piston, and rings and when I try to start it, it wants to "push back"; blows
the air/fuel mixture back out the carb. With a shot of starter fluid, it starts, putt putt putt and then runs normal at all throttle speeds. What is wrong? Is there a "release valve" or something STUCK? Points gap has been set at both .020 and .017. No change. I have not checked intake and exhaust valve gaps/settings.

Gosh I sure love my #2 cart!

Figured I use less water this way than stringing a bunch of hoses just yet and my rain barrels are still dry cuz we haven't had a drop of rain now in 10 days or so.

286878.jpg

I have a 982 and have done a light rebuild on the motor (rings, hone cylinders, values, cleaned head and gaskets). After reassemble it started right up and sounded great. Ran it for a half hour to break in. Came back to it the next day to change oil. Started it to warm the oil and when we rev up the motor we discovered oil in the air filter pan coming through the breather. Some how the crank case seems to not be breathing. Any ideas. I am at the end of my rope with this thing. Thanks for any help.

Looking for some help. I just purchased a 59M Chipper-Grinder. It all looks to be in really good shape, but part of the mount is missing. I've got a 2 X 4 replacing it in the pictures. It's parts numbers 6 and 18 in the parts diagram. I've never owned a Chipper-Grinder so all I know about the mount is what I see in the parts lookup. The parts are NLA, but I think part No. 6 would be easy to make if someone can supply me with some dimensions. I'm guessing the springs set on top of the two sections of pipe and don't go down inside them, but I'm not sure. Also I don't know the compressed or uncompressed length of the springs. Any help would really be appreciated. This thing is going to be great when I get it going!!!

286880.jpg

286881.jpg

286882.jpg

286883.jpg

I'm installing a creeper on a 128 for my nephew and the driveshaft doesn't have the score for where to cut. Does anyone have an exposed driveshaft they can measure for me? I need the length from the rear (end) of the shaft to the score mark.

I've looked and looked and can't find this information in the FAQs or manuals online.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks, David. That's exactly what I needed. I should've been on the ball and did a search!!!

Pulled, make that CUT out the POS wiring harness from the 126. Working-up my own wiring harness. Should be finished in a few years...
biggrin.gif

David E Fiehtner: Yes, there is a release valve that allows the engine to start. Do a Forum search on "ACR" (for Automatic Compression Release). I believe that it is a feature offered for those engines employing a starter/generators as does yours. Anyway, it is activated at low RPM and deactivated as the engine achieves a good idle speed. I think its operation and adjustment is covered in the Kohler Service Manual for the K301 available in the Manuals section of this Forum or from Kohler's website. I can't tell you any more than that, as I have never messed with it myself.
dunno.gif

Denny nelson: Not sure what you mean by "Clutch;" if you mean the PTO unit at the front of the engine, then, yes, it might be slipping. If you mean the clutch on your drive shaft, then, no, slipping there would affect your tractor's speed. When I had the problem you're experiencing, it turned out that the deck belt wasn't properly tensioned. Be sure your deck belt is routed correctly (mine wasn't), and that the tensioner assembly, especially the spring, is in good shape. Also, make sure that both the deck belt and driving belt are healthy and that the mule drive is putting proper tension on the drive belt. Put another way, the belt that runs from the engine to the deck could be slipping and need replacement and/or adjustment; or, the belt on the deck itself which carries power from the driven pulley to the other spindles could need replacement and/or adjustment; or, they could both be worn out and in need of replacement and/or adjustment. At least that is my honest opinion.
tophat.gif

Hi...New to the forum so correct me if I'm doing this wrong. Anyways, I was using my 122 and roto-tilling and I believe the motor seized up...ya, it did. Really doesn't surprise me-1968. I was going to go thru it this fall. I haven't had time to really look at it, hopefully this weekend.Any thoughts on a rebuild? I did an in frame rebuild on my IH 230 a few years ago. The only thing I can't do is the machining if needed. Any thoughts or ? are appreciated.

Steven Bauer

Funny I should see your post after hearing a Honda engine teck tell me about the same issue with a Honda engine . he had oil in the breather and found the air box was so restricted that it would draw oil out the breather tube and put oil in the air box. I think he said he drilled a hole in the air box and added a small air filter and that solved his problem. The small air filter cut down the vacuum and no more oil was hauled up the breather tube. This might work for you. ? Is your air filter clean ?

TIM W. - Welcome to the forum... sorry to hear about your 122. A Kohler seizing is kinda rare, in fact, I can't say I've ever heard of one doing that before. They normally stick the rod onto the crank journal of the crankshaft, then break the conn rod whicle still running and spit parts of it out the side of the block.

I'd for sure pull the engine and dis-assemble it to see what the internal parts look like. If nothing is broken a rebuild isn't hard to do with common hand tools. A small engine or automotive machine shop you trust is needed to do the machine work. I rebuilt a K241 a year ago... prices for Kohler parts have sky-rocketed the last couple years, but after-market parts of good quality are available. A rebuild will give you another 20-30 years of service which is more than a brand new engine will last IF it would fit in your CC.

Dave S.,
The buckets fit in the cart perfectly! I hear ya on the rain. We could use some too. Gotta get some grass seed planted and it would be nice to get some moisture in the ground first.

Chris,
Neat vid of the O mowing. Looks like she did a nice job.

Thanks for the info Don. Yes the filter is clean. I was thinking of taking some of the mess in the breather out. Maybe it is packed too tight and restricting it.

Back