• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 25, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like I said, I could be wrong but I would realy like to see a Dyno pull on that engine with his "port, polish, race gas, lp head". I might be able to justify that with also bore AND stroke, after all it is a flat head. Nothing wrong with that but they are an inefficiant design. I'm not claiming to know everything I'm just thinking what we went through gaining HP drag racing.

If you don't have a strong 30+hp in the 12hp stock altered class around here you won't come close to placing. It is stock bore and stroke, stock valve size, 1" carb, unlimited rpm, extremely competitive class in this area.

realisticly a 12 with port polish, 18 cam & race gas could hit 18 hp. you didn't say if they did anything with the valves? you can do whatever you want to the port but the pinch area is the valve. in fact working with valve seat angles you can pick up significant gains with leaving the port stock using a stock valve. an 18 cam don't really do anything for you with an ungoverened engine. the LP head don't really pickup any HP but it does pickup alot of torque.now onto race gas. in a gov. engine you still can't gain enough compression use race ga. they are probably losing hp & torque by doing this. they could priobably use midgrade or premium and have a stronger engine. another thing people like to do with stockers is put a #30 carb on. we've found staying with a smaller carb gives you more torque & HP where you can use it on a stocker. the bigger carbs do wirk above 3800 but how long are you able to run at that RPM in a gov. class?
BTW all NQS class's are ALKY only. so they couldn't have even run the class without being DQ'd.

Thats it though, I was just trying to see how big a line we were being fed thanks for the info on the #30 carb though. BTW This guy's club allows any valve work you want as long as you start with stock valves, and they run up 4000 I believe.

I was getting my old thunderbird ready for the junkyard today and remembered it has an Accell Superstock coil on it. Its the chrome one with yellow sticker. Anybody know if that coil is safe to use on a kohler? I don't know much about the ballest problem that some coils have. The kohler is stock now, no hotrod parts on it.. yet! hehe

Thanks for any advice
happy.gif

Got another question...

Does anybody make a high rpm flywheel that still has fan blades on it ? Every one I have seen is fanless. I found a company that makes some really nice billet flywheels with fan blades for briggs, but they don't have kohler ones..
sad.gif

I didn't know no cub ever came with a K361, so I'll ask here..

Anybody have some nice pics of one of those engines? How do they hold up to hot rodding? seems like the only weak spot is the head. I saw on the official kohler website that they were only made from 1969 to 1973. It makes the chances of finding one kinda remote I guess..
sad.gif

Hey we had our play day my uncle pulled about like we figured we would, the fella who claimed he and his friend were #1&2 in the nation in 12 horse stock, were anything but impressive. The track was terrible a ITPA mini-rod hokked and just buried it off the line 3 times....super soft post Oak ground. we ended up with 4 stock 12hp tractors 1 NQS stock altered, a ITPA mini rod, and a mini-rod from some small club.

HI all i pulled my little Original last weekend it did verry well i was impressed the only concern i have is the pressure plate on the pully (for the clutch) there holding up good but is there a up grade for this ore no any info would be greattly apperichated thanks

Stevenson,
Cub never used the K361 in a tractor. Yes they make excellent pulling engines. Most of their shortcomings can be fixed. We recently picked one up but I'm not sure what we are gonna do with it yet. They are getting harder to find for sure.

I've got an intrest in tweaking my 301 someday, Killer Kohler style. This is a great thread that needes more attention.
animatedihbear.gif

Hope to help what little I can.

I pulled my stock 122 on 6-3 at the "home" track and managed a second place in the 1050# class (211 ft.). Pulled the same machine at a different track on 6-16, didn't place (180 ft.). The track was much softer and I couldn't get hooked up. I'm sure better weight placement would have helped.
Pulled my 1947 Allis Chalmers WC on Father's day at Lathrop, MO (A yearly tradition), and left with a second place trophy (Out of field 3500# class). No pulls planned again until 7-14.

CONGRATULATIONS, JON N.!

Sounds like you may have to build another shelf to stack all your trophies on!
wink.gif

Good Luck on 7-14, meanwhile, let's see a pic or three of those winning machines!
thumbsup.gif

Ryan W
beerchug.gif

hi all i took some pick of my pulling toys but i cant resize them can anyony help me thanks in advance

hi all i hers my pulling toys i pull a the loacol club we pull a dead weight sled i took 2 1rst with the 124 in the 1050 pulled 1650# and 1150# class i puled 1850 the original did pretty good still working on that one.
61309.jpg

61310.jpg

61311.jpg

61312.jpg

61313.jpg

Her is a few pics of my son pulling his 582.
our local club went to crossville tenn. this weekend, to raise money with the Lucas pro pulling series, for the house of hope.
board-post.pl

board-post.pl

Latest posts

Back