• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 21, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rwilke

displayname
Ryan D Wilke
<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

By KENtuckyKEN (Kweaver) on Monday, May 21, 2007 - 09:54 am:

John - If it makes you feel any better, Dan's Cub isn't "correct" if ya think about it.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

KENtuckyKEN,
I give up -- what isn't correct about Dan's Cub? (I feel like I'm doing a "Find the Hidden Word Puzzle")...... You aren't referring to the type of tires, are you?
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

John L.,
Thanks for sharing the additional pics, providing an explanation for your front "spoiler" and the background info regarding the rear fender reflectors!
groupwave.gif

I have to say again,,, THAT'S ONE FINE CUBBIE, JOHN!!
thumbsup.gif

Ryan W
beerchug.gif

jlang, thanx, did you fabricate those front tines or are those a factory made thing? I have a later version of brinly's cultivator and your's is MUCH gooder than mine I am green with envy .

Yesterday I did a tune up on my K301 and now the motor has a loud knocking/Rattling noise that speeds up and slows down in correlation with the RPM’s. What I did was replace the spark plug, high tension wire, condenser, points and rod. I used my timing light and set the timing per the IH service manual ( S mark centered in the sight hole). I have not adjusted the valves yet. The noise was not there before I did the tune up. The only thing that I can think of that might be causing it is the rod that goes between the came and the points. I did not put any kind of lubricant on it. Does the rode require any? If so, what kind? Oil, grease, engine lube?

Thanks

Chris C.

Thanks guys, Craig I know Dan used his tracors some, He even used his 4 wheel drive cc100 at least once at plowday.

henri cole (Hcole)

Yes, those are factory Brinly hiller blades. I bought two NOS boxes of them at a plow day. The wrapping-packing newspaper in the box was from the Kansas City Star, Sunday, July 26, 1981.
Here's the Brinlyu part numbers.
B-331 Blade, hiller R.H.
B-332 Blade, hiller L.H.

Brinly made lots of accesories their cultivator & tool bars.

Henri,
They are factory made. Here's an old Brinly display rack with the original shovels & blades I picked up at auction a while back.
58531.jpg

Ryan - Ground engagement attachment with turff tires and not even a wheel weight.

John - Thanks. Now I know what those points are ;) I've had one for years and thought it was some kind of walk behind turning blade.

CHRISTOPHER - The pushrod for the points gets splashed with engine oil from inside the engine. It passes thru an o-ring stuffed into a machined groove in the pushrod hole. No oil should be allowed around the points themselves. A very small amount of hi-temp grease can be applied to where the pushrod touches the points and on the pivot pin.
What You may be hearing is spark knock from carbon build-up in the combustion chamber. You didn't specifically say but it sounds like this knock is present both at low & high RPM and low and high load. Is that correct? Did You change anything else besides the plug, wire, points, condensor, & pushrod?

Hi, my grandpa had a cc 127 that i rode around as a kid and it seemed huge. wondering if that is considered a wide or a narrow frame. Also, is that particular model any more or less rare than some of the others? how about mounting a sickle bar on it?

TALKING ABOUT SEATS HERE!
happy.gif

Here's my correct seat for the 122 or 123.
58533.jpg
Bottom side looks pretty good, right?
It is stamped:
FOR INT. HARVESTER 394127-R91
TRACTOR SEAT ASSY

IH called them "deluxe contoured seats of vineyl plastic with foam rubberr cushion".

The foam rubber cushion is covered with a white vinyl embosed material thata did not stand the test of time.

Photo coming up right away.
happy.gif

Charlie, the factory is down here in Ky; so I'm wondering how all those parts got way up there where you are, did they have dealerships back years ago?

John Y.,
WELCOME TO THE CC FORUM!
Your Grndpappy's 127CC would have been a narrow frame CC garden tractor (GT). Check them all out here: http://cubfaq.com/modellist.html
I wouldn't call a 127 model Cub rare. Obviously the better the condition and the more optional equipment on it makes it a more desired GT; such as hydraulic lift system, headlights, 3-point hitch, etc. A 127 Cub came from the factory equipped with a 12HP Kohler 1-cylinder air-cooled engine and a hydrastatic transmission; whereas a 126 Cub was a 12HP GT equipped with a gear-drive/clutch transmission. Many fellas that do "pulling events" prefer the gear-drive model Cub GTs.

Now I'd say a sickle bar cutter would be more of a collector piece.....
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

John L.,
Looking at that Cub seat of yours.... it's nothing that a couple of tubes of RTV silicone (floated into all those cracks) couldn't fix!!!
bubbly.gif

Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Myron-Dave P here with the no start 122. I bought a switch today, before I tear it open, had a quick question- On the testing procedure you described, (back on a May 16th archive now)those tests were done ignition switch ON, but not cranking the starter, yes? Thats what I did. Thanks, Dave

DENNIS
I hear the noise best a lower RPM’s, mainly because the motor/exhaust is quieter. However, as the RPM’s going up, the sound speeds up. Once I get to full throttle, almost all of the noise is drowned out. I was planning on pulling the head and de-carboning the motor. I have a new head gasket I purchased when I bought the tune up parts.

The only thing I changed was the plug, wire, points, condenser and pushrod. It’s just weird that the sound did not start until after I made those changes.
Since making those changes, the tractor idles a little higher and smoother. Also, the motor has a little bit more power.

Any tips for de-carboning the combustion chamber?

Chris C

John L., you can have that seat recovered it will have a seam in it but it'll look good and work well. Cost isn't cheap about $50 plus shipping. Here's a photo of one I had redone. BTW, feel free to *give* that cracked old seat to me.
happy.gif

58540.jpg

Latest posts

Back