• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 21, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ryan W.
Thanks for the info on the 127. Now the search is on. I've seen some claiming 42", 44", 46" or 48" decks. Were there really this many options?
JohnY

I'm thinking about buying a 104 and I have a few questions.

How much trouble is it to find and get a tiller going on a 104?

A chipper would be really nice too... possible?

What other implements can work specifically on a 104? I checked the FAQ and did some forum searches, but I didn't find anything clear on what does and does not work on a 104.

Thank you,
jweaks

James W.
Welcome to the forum.
thumbsup_old.gif

You musta missed this,
http://cubfaq.com/questions.html
Pretty much anything will fit a 104.

Tillers are not hard to find where I am, but who knows where your at.
59M's on the other hand are a little harder to find and usually run ya around 500 bucks for a good one.

Charlie, Thank you for the welcome. I did check that FAQ... just trying to make sure there isn't anything unusual about a 104.

I do not think the 104 I'm looking at has a creeper so I'm thinking I may have to add that. I'm pretty handy with a wrench, but I don't want to bite off more than I can chew just to set up a tiller. Thanks! -jw

John Y.-

38", 42" and 48" were the 3 available sizes for the 127, those other sizes you mentioned exist, but on newer models.

James W.
Nothin wrong with a 104 that a HYDRO wouldn't fix!
biggrin.gif

We've got some great sponsors listed above that can get you anything you want for that little guy. Try'um, you'll like'um.

They are all good little machines and once your hooked, your HOOKED!

I'm confused (as usual)on a 301 engine its been stated that there is an "O" ring around the pushrod for the ignition points, I'm just finishing up a 301 o'haul,my genuine Kohler gasket set didn't have one (unless I lost it)the Kohler engine book doesn't seem to mention it and the parts breakdown illustration doesnt show it

Wayne M: "its been stated"??? By whom??? Like you said...Kohler doesn't know it and neither did IH....Neither do I..

Myron B

Charlie, can you elaborate on adding hydro to a 104? Instead of a creeper or in addition to? I've looked through the sponsor's links... found some creeper units and have some idea of that cost, but I don't see hydro units or have any idea what that might cost to add to a 104. Thanks again. -jw

Latest posts

Back