• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 20, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marlin H and Ron S - I'll bet those Service engines Charlie got do "not" have the balance gears. Kohler did away with balance gears in their production engines sometime in the mid 70's, I believe during the Quiet Line series. Even tho these engines have the dipstick in the cam cover I'll bet that is to match the original style of the engine since it replaces a 60's and 70's engine. It also looks like it has a Weber carb since it has that skinny wire for the linkage.
I sure do like those black engines. They look sweet matched with the other IHCC colors. You can see one in my profile pic.

Harry B. The Cub fund has been hit hard this past winter and into the spring. We've had two kitties with some expensive medical bills. No complaints though. Fancy wasn't one of them. And then the Dakota needed everything new for the front brakes and a new battery. Now with all the rain lately I am trying to keep ahead of the lawn mowing.
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 118
Harry-I have "A","B" and "E" serial numbered K301's which make them 1966, 67, and 69 years respectively. All have top dip sticks. I also have a 1974 black replacement engine with the dipstick on the gear cover. It had balance gears but they were removed. Those engines were made to replace engines in 60's and 70's tractors but not to match exactly. They were simply current production and engines. I'd say if they are 75 and newer they may not have balance gears. But the instructions say it has the balance system. Maybe Charlie will pull the pan off one for us
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 119
The Installation & Parts manual shows me all I need to know.
314940.jpg

Attachments

• 314940.jpg
    314940.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 111
  • 314940.jpg
    314940.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 151
Those are most likely for a 128,129, parts book shows that number c235964.
Plus the coil is mounted higher for the wide frames, but you can use it on any 12hp nf as it shows the same number.

A couple of corrections are in order - Charlie's new K301's are equipped with balance gears. Kohler built the K-series engines with the balance gear option all the way up until end of production. Those without balancers were intended for rubber-mounted applications.

These engines are equipped with Walbro carburetors.

Nice find Charlie!

David and Charlie - well, I can't be right all the time. I think that's twice this year I was wrong.
biggrin.gif

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 115
Oh man.... Now I have to take them out of the 125 since it has a black replacement engine in it. That means finding time to do that. And do that with the Super 108's 14 horse and Angel's 14 horse 129.
bash.gif

Attachments

• bash.gif
    bash.gif
    904 bytes · Views: 121
Back