• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 17, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
Sure is slow today.

Jeff, here are some more that I took.
18810.jpg

18811.jpg

18812.jpg

18813.jpg

18814.jpg

18815.jpg

Yep! There's the 125.

Help! I realize Kohler is the engine of choice for many of you however my 582 came with a Briggs & Stratton which is currently driving me crazy! Earlier this spring I changed a leaking front seal and while I had the engine out I also cleaned the built-up carbon out of the combustion chamber and checked/adjusted the valve clearances. Put it all back together and it ran (leak-free!), but hunted and surged at idle. I turned to a small engine guy to resolve that - turned out to be blocked idle passage in the carb. I went to mow with it after getting that cleaned out and I could only run it for 1/2 hour or so before it would start missing and eventually die. Would not restart hot or cold. Two days later started again, but same end results. I'm getting gas in the cylinders - the plugs are wet - so I start looking at ignition. Checked the spark from the Magnetron and it seemed non-exisistent on one cylinder and weak on the other. Aha! I thought, so I replaced the Magnetron. Mowed this weekend, ran for about an hour - hour and 1/2 before it started missing. I got it to the garage, had supper, and could not get it to start again! Any thoughts or suggestions?

I am in need of some new blades on my 1450 with the 44" deck. Has anyone had improved mowing with hi lift, gator, einstein, Raptor, or any other blades then stock??

Kraig, those are some great pics! Beautiful area by the looks of it. That rr bridge looks huge.

Joe, don't know if the info is still there but try doing a search of the archives. Seems like there was recent discussion on the 44" decks with gators. IIRC, the gators are the way to go.

Jeff, Thanks. It is a big bridge! 185' high and 2,682' across.
18817.jpg

Denny:
Your close call beats Kentucky (relative to proximity.

Kraig:
Did you put lighting rods on the new Cub shed?

Ray, no, I figure the lightning likes Poplar trees and there are still several there. :eek:)

During that same storm a regular Poplar (not a Lombardy Poplar) was also struck. In the second to the last photo I posted on this page, just below the white pole barn on the far left you can see the Poplar it's the brownish tan tree.

Kraig, WOW that is so flippin neat!!! Is the track still in use? Ever walked on it?

Jeff, yes several trains go by each day. I've been out on it many times, I've only walked all the way across and back once though. This is the favorite of the photos I've taken of it.
18823.jpg

Or maybe it's this one..... :eek:)

18824.jpg

RAY - Ken's situation, with a carbon fiber Lighting rod I mean fishing pole in hand, in a boat in the middle of a lake with nowhere to hide sounds worse than being in a steel cab on 18 rubber tires. I wouldn't have traded Him places!

Kevin-

Those magnetron thingys SUCK. My dad's 382 (lawn tractor with 11hp b&s engine) ate one last year and now its bad again. Those things don't seem to last long....

Kevin & Matt,

I hope you mean magneto and not magnetron. Magnetrons are what makes RF power (radio waves) in radar systems, microwave ovens, etc. Magnetos make spark in engines. The only thing they have in common is a magnet.

Kevin,

Sorry, my mistake. I do not have any B&S engines. Just another techical name hijacked by the marketer's I guess. I guess they can do that just by capitalizing the name. Shame on them. Maybe that's why the units fail. I would like to see them try to power up a 2 MW air search radar with one.

Someone say Mega Watts???

18832.jpg

Then you will need an antenna like this.

18833.jpg

And a view like this.

18834.jpg

Richard C

Now your talking a real magnetron !!! Not one of those weeny B&S ones. I guess you have to be old to appreciate the name.

Didn't a TV manufacture have a picture tube called a Magnetron ... see I'm old enough to remember AND old enough to have forgotten
happy.gif

<blink><font size="-2">thanx digger !</font></blink>

Is it possible to take a 14 hp from a 147/9 and use it in 1450 by using parts from the motor that was in the 1450. Or are they two totally different motors?

Scott

Latest posts

Back