• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through May 16, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matt H, John U: Since the Model 282 is a Lawn Tractor <u>not</u> a Garden Tractor, I posted you an answer there.

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Wow. Didn't know they made all that stuff for the orginals.

Did they make the same stuff for wide frames?

If I remember right in 1972 my brand new CC 108 cost me $1,200.00. The reason I remember is I had the $1,000.00 and had to borrow $200.00 from Dad Corn to pay for it.

Yep paid Dad back the first year mowing with it!!

Pops

Brian B - I don't agree with your points gasket theory. I ran my homemade monster 14 years working an almost 2 acre garden and numerous other hard chores with it with NO cover on the points at all.

Brian- Thanks for the note. Scott T-Hi! how's everything on Roman? Brian- On the points box, the little rubber thing is in there, looks pretty clean inside. Suppose I should have the coil checked. Could I simply need a new set of points? Dave

David R: With the ignition switch on, do you have 12v at the points end of the (-) coil wire?? If you do, I would change the points. If not, then check to see if you have 12v on the (+) side of the coil. If you do and nothing out the (-) side, then its the coil. If you don't have 12v at the (+) side then it's likely the ignition switch.

Myron B

Dave: I'm not much of a mechanic so I keep things simple - when it wont run I put a new plug in it, then I check point gap, then a new plug wire, then a new condensor. The last thing I'd do is the coil. You can check the coil with a volt/ohm meter - the readings are in the FAQ or someplace - can't remember where. However, the best thing I ever did for my 782 is set the timing with a timing light and put a copper core plug wire on.

Matt: Do I have to have the motor out to fix that front axle? Ugh. That's more than I can handle until winter comes. I found the FAQ on the steering box and I'm gonna have a whack at that this weekend. Hopefully I can it tight enough to mow safely with until I can get in there and get serious.

BTW, I am very impressed with that little 129. What a cool tractor.

Craig, it will likely scratch the paint but you might be able to use a BIG "C" clamp to squeeze that channel.

Latest posts

Back