Archive through May 14, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got my roll pin punch set. the roll pin for the shaft is the largest size that came with the 6 piece kit. i used it today with a medium sized ball peen and now my roll pin is seated neatly in the shaft connector.

thanks folks

Hey,
I even looked at the FAQs the other day, and learned something! Thank you.
beerchug.gif

I put the front (super steer) axle from a cyclops model in my NF loader tractor. I got a pair of trailer hubs and wheels to put on it. I think I pretty much have it figured out how to make it work, but if anyone who has done this could post pics it would help. I'll have to add a collar for the seal to ride on and add a threaded stub to the outside for the spindle nut. Any help, tips or pointers on this mod would be appreciated.

Todd-
I've done this, I machined the spindle side if the hub down so that I didn't need to add a stub end. As far as a spacer goes, I added one as well.

While I was doing the machine work on the hubs I went ahead and added a grease zerk to the inside of the hub (so I didn't have to have one of those ugly bearing buddies).

My setup is posted in the Cool IH Cub Cadets Not OEM but better'n' new ! ! ! section on Wednesday, June 30, 2004 - 02:51 pm:

Guys, just last weekend I replaced my tranny/rearend fluid on my 100 that has a creeper, I drained out 6 quarts of hydraulic trans fluid, is this right ?
I replaced the rear plate gasket and put back 4 quarts of fresh fluid, I noticed it called for an extra half pint for the creeper, is there a seperate fill hole for the creeper ?

Todd-
Not to take anything away from Wyatt's version, but I chose to go a different route when I put trailer spindles on the front of my Original.

I cut the original spindle off so that I removed almost all of the horizontal portion of the spindle before it arches up into the axle, then I had a stub trailer spindle like one of these welded onto the cut-off tractor spindle.

84080.jpg

I did shorten the trailer spindle to just behind the area where the inside seal rides so I didn't extend the track of the front wheels too much.

It worked fine, and was relatively easy, so consider it another option. Hope this helps...
happy.gif

Dave-
Yes, the creeper has it's own fill hole. Good luck getting to it if the creeper is still installed in the tractor....
bash.gif

Guys,
Since you helped me determine my 1100 has already been modified, steer in in which direction to go in order to change it to a shaft drive and get rid of the belt, or if that is a good idea.

Latest posts

Back