Archive through May 14, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an IH built 582 that keeps jumping out of gear. I have new forks and stiffer springs, my question is does the reduction housing have to come the front inonder to slide the shift rails bak far enough.

Anybody heard from Charlie today?
err.gif

Ok so based on the feedback I have gotten, I will need to get a “new to me” cub to handle the tiller.Thanks for the help guys!
I had also asked about where to post the questions on the 1100, and I see no one wanted to touch that “hot potato” but no worries, it ended up not being worth to me what the guy wanted for it, but check out what I came home with this weekend instead.
83984.jpg

83985.jpg

83986.jpg

The unit turns free and feels smooth. It came with the sickle guard, which seams like something that would have been easily lost. The guy said that it had been mounted on a Sears tractor. So not sure if it will mount directly up to one of my current cub, actually not sure how it mounts up at all quite yet. I assume that I may have to make some mounting brackets. Archives here I come, if that fails I will be back asking questions.

Michael C.,I have been told the gear drive cubs are prone to "popping out of gear" at WOT. Kind of a "Nature of the beast" thing. I have heard that a bungee cord will keep them from doing this.

Charlie, I also received my shipment of a Point's Saver and Bosch coil. I can't wait to get home this weekend to hook it up! Dave makes a great product!!

BTW, you probably went past my house on your trip. Next time you're in the area, give me a shout!

Kraig,

Dont mean to brag, but that was my invention. I called it a floating idler and it was posted in 1999. It is designed for using the tiller on a CC with two shorter belts instead of that one long, pricey belt. We made this up using a front wheel hub and two pulleys, bolted to a pivoted shaft. The support plate bolts about mid-way along the frame, approximately in the area of the foot rests. Worked perfectly...no belt jumping and no slippage.

Todd H, Michael C: I've got a dozen or more gear drives and <u>none</u> of them jump out of gear, including WOT under load. If you gotta use a bungee cord, something is worn out and needs repair...

Myron B
CCSuplyRoom

Latest posts

Back