• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 14, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbounds

displayname
MBounds
Michael T: The book says that the first 3/4s (or so)of pedal travel is for the neutral centering and about the last 1/4 of possible travel is for the braking action. Depress the pedal till the tranny is in neutral. Give it a wee bit more and adjust the brake (it's where you said it is) so that the brake is beginning to engage at that point. After adjustment, if you find that the brake is dragging when centering to the neutral position with the pedal, then just back off the brake adjustment a tad...

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Christopher C: With the correct subframe/muledrive as shown in CPE-2, you can install a 44 inch deck. As was pointed out to me a day or so ago, the 50" decks will not install without some modifications. Besides, considering the horsepower differences, the largest NF deck was a 48". Go for the 44". A 12 hp should handle it and you will like it.

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

How bout we all try and guess what this is a prototype of.
biggrin.gif

It's something will save many a ton of money one of these days.
83944.jpg

Myron, Christopher, make sure that the deck has the correct drive pulley on it too, the Narrow Frames through the 1x8/9 series used a 3/8" wide belt/pulley.

Charlie, so one can use two shorter belts in place of the loooong belt for the tiller. I recall back in the late 90's or early 2000 someone posted photos of one they built. I'll have to see if I can find the photos and the person that posted them

Shane-
What Myron said...
happy.gif

<font size="-2">(But I could use another cup of coffee now that you mention it!)</font>

Charlie-
Judging by how clean that shop is, I'm guessing YOU didn't make that prototype tiller belt shortener?
happy.gif

We took a trip up north to lay out the new Cub shed.
On the way up it started out doing this,
83946.jpg

Then proceeded to this stage,
83947.jpg

Then got serious,
83948.jpg

But then decided to clear off a little the next day.
A view of the driveway to the new place,
83949.jpg

Got the dock in already, so a shot of our new view is in order.
biggrin.gif

83950.jpg

And then looking back at where the Cubs will be resting, after a little clearing takes place.
83951.jpg

Kraig....thats Charlie's new High Center attachment, guaranteed to stick you on that large rock you didn't know was in the garden.
lol.gif

Charlie, That is one AWESOME piece of real estate you have there!!!

Here's the one from long ago. I didn't have info on who posted it. I believe it was posted in 2001.

83953.jpg

Charlie, nice place!
thumbsup.gif

Then sunday one of the neighbors hired hands got sick so I got suckered into playing with the big toys.
83955.jpg

And then got to run this beast for 12 hours on monday. Anyone care to guess what it is?
83956.jpg

Next trip up, I'm taking a load of Cubs up to play in the woods.

Kraig, planting beets so that we have free beet juice to load our tires with.

I could use a couple drivers for the next trip up though. They frown on pulling the small camper behind the pusher.
biggrin.gif

83960.jpg

Back