Archive through May 11, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgonitzke

displayname
Matt Gonitzke
Michael C.-

That's a typo, it's supposed to be 7/16". The part number is correct if I remember correctly.

Hey guys, trying to get my original going somebody butchered the wiring. P.O. has put a regulator on with F,2,3,4 terminals and a terminal that goes to a condensor attached to the regulator is this the proper reg? If not can it be used? It does say delc-remey on it. I did look in FAQ but only saw 3 terminal regs.
Thanks Jed

Rick A- If your grandpa has an Original,(like the one pictured at the top of this page) it's from the early 60s not the 70s. It's against the rules, here, to discuss what something is worth. It's worth what you are willing to take for it, or what someone is willing to give for it. Having said that, check through the classified adds, here and you can get a range of what folks are asking for them.

Tom, thanks for the info on the tires. Got them ordered and on their way! -Brian.

Jed D: NOPE!! That is some kind of rig-up deal...A regulator is not just a regulator....Get a correct one.... some may have a fourth terminal ( and sometimes the Gen terminal is on the bottom)....You can have

L = Load/Lights (Early CCs used a regulator with this terminal - later ones did not - either will work)
G = Generator
B = Battery
F = Field (from F post of the S/G)

Regulator ground is accomplished through a little twisted wire to one of the regulator mounting legs when bolted to the tractor.

Anything else..I recommend you avoid like the plague...

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Cub 122 seat question.
Need to finish off my resto with a seat, but my original seat needs restored. While this is an option, does anyone utilize something similar which may be presentable? The high-back replacement is not an option. Photos would be great and I might even consider black material, if looks are decent.

Thanks,
Alex

Alex, you can have the seat reupholstered. If you still have the blue edging be sure to save it as that is no longer available. Here's one that I had redone a couple of years back. Yeah it has a seam, but it's better then nothing. I actually like the seam. Cost was about $45 + shipping. Last time I checked it was over $50 + shipping.

83828.jpg

Alex, if you're OK with a black cover, go to a Fleet Farm or farm supply store and get a cover for a full size tractor pan seat. Here's a black cover I have on one of my 125s.

83830.jpg

83831.jpg

Thanks Kraig. Unfortunately, my trim is missing and I may be in trouble without it. Black cover might be an option.

hey guys, I have a 73 with a k161 that I am restoring. PO says it used to blow head gaskets like they were going out of style. He also says he thinks it may be the points causing this. Any takers on this problem??
help.gif

Brad,

I don't know anything about points, but if it was blowing headgaskets, the first thing I'd look at is the head, make sure it's not warped. Then look at the block, make sure it's flat.

Brad A nest in the engine shroud will cause the engine to overheat and blow head gaskets!my .02
coffee.gif

Alex, there is edging available just not in blue. I believe black edging is readily available.

Don T. What do you mean "a nest"? Wasp nest? Don't see anything, but I will check flatness of the block and head.

Brad, I believe that Don is referring to a mouse nest. Mice sure like to build nests behind the engine shrouds. (They seem to build one every year behind the shroud on the 5hp B&S on my walk behind tiller
angry.gif
) If it's been a repeated issue with blown head gaskets, I doubt it's a nest causing over heating, more likely a warped head.

Brad-
It could be the points....

If the points are out of adjustment (or the points-pushrod is worn enough) this would be causing the engine to overheat, and therefore warp the head, and THEREFORE cause the headgasket to leak.

It doesn't seem possible though because if the guy could fix a leaky head-gasket you'd think he could take care of a set of points that were out of adjustment.
coffee.gif

Never fails- I buy a tractor then not even one week later not 1 but 2 pop up ON local CL 4 sale.one w/ snow plow,too.
bash.gif

went to look at the sleeve hitch deal Sat-it was missing the top metal piece that bolts to top of frame. so I just got the snow plow off guy.
and before you tell me to buy one of other tractors-which I did consider- I want to get all the goodies for this one first. Unless I come across a "parts" tractor. oh man this is starting to get ugly....
explotar2jr.gif

ok im tired of searching for my pto/mower belt, ive been to the faq.. been to charlies faq been to cc online they all have different lengths/widths... according to charlies it's 3/8 * 81...it's a 1965 102 10 hp gear drive too many suds maybe but a belt is standard for a model right? roxie is out using the pushmower on an acre of lawn... good exercise though

Stephen C: The 102 was made from 1965-1967. Either the 38" deck or the 42 inch deck made in those years call for the IH-473462-R4, 3/8x81 inch belt, which is what Charlie's FAQ says...Why the disbelief?? Charlie puts those FAQs there for a reason... to give us all some accurate information.

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

ART - Back when I was about 15 yrs old I could R&R the head gasket in the 70 in about a half hour. I used to buy them 2-3 at a time. It was a badly warped head. New head = $$$$$ back then....needed the tractor running to mow grass! The bigger block engines had much better head bolt spacing so they didn't blow them near as often. The K361 with 10 headbolts has the best spacing.

Latest posts

Back