• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Scored a Cyclops!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarcHeld

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Marc Held
Found this 1862 on FB Marketplace 7 miles from home and jumped on it. Pennsylvania origin. If I’m reading the mfg date code correctly it’s July 1990. If anyone knows where I could find a mower deck, mule drive and deck hanger thats not rusted through and in the Mid-Atlantic (MD, PA, DE, VA). I’d be much obliged.

Attachments

• IMG_5257.jpeg
    IMG_5257.jpeg
    5.9 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5258.jpeg
    IMG_5258.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5260.jpeg
    IMG_5260.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5261.jpeg
    IMG_5261.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5263.jpeg
    IMG_5263.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5264.jpeg
    IMG_5264.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 0
E170G date code is May 17, 1990 G shift

If one of the board sponsors can't help you, there's a guy parting a ton of Cubs in Washington, New Jersey that has at least 3 solid 44C decks and the mule drives.

Nice score. I personally would rather have the 50c. Or if it has the tall spindle front axle (I can't tell from the pictures but I don't think it does) a 54 would fit as well. Also confirm which Dia clutch it has. Should be the smaller 4 1/2? But I have one that has the bigger clutch on it. 6" I believe. Lot of things can be swapped over time on these.

Found this 1862 on FB Marketplace 7 miles from home and jumped on it. Pennsylvania origin. If I’m reading the mfg date code correctly it’s July 1990. If anyone knows where I could find a mower deck, mule drive and deck hanger thats not rusted through and in the Mid-Atlantic (MD, PA, DE, VA). I’d be much obliged.
Nice, I had an 1862, It was among my favorites. What did it set you back?

Nice, I had an 1862, It was among my favorites. What did it set you back?
He was asking 500 I got it for 400. Some of the plastic is a little wonky, normal I suppose for these. - 1800 hrs, a little high, but it was apparently pretty well cared for. I think it was a one owner machine. The mower deck did not survive as well. It vanished some time ago.
I may just swap my deck and hanger from my 1811 and mow with the 1862.

He was asking 500 I got it for 400. Some of the plastic is a little wonky, normal I suppose for these. - 1800 hrs, a little high, but it was apparently pretty well cared for. I think it was a one owner machine. The mower deck did not survive as well. It vanished some time ago.
I may just swap my deck and hanger from my 1811 and mow with the 1862. Great find!
I don't think you'l have too much trouble finding a deck. You might want to check and see if there are any Tractor junkyards in your area. We have one that's pretty amazing. They park the tractors by MFG so you see this sea of green, sea of yellow. They strip all the decks and other parts and store them indoors.

Last edited:
Ray Weaver has 50C decks.717 587 3727. Located near Stevens Pa. SE Pa in NE Lancaster County,.

Latest posts

Back