• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 11, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Richard L
If Digger's solution does not help, then it is inside the switch. You can with care take it apart and clean it also. If the tractor is outside in the rain and elements, then the problem may well be inside the switch. There are sme springs inside so be careful when you open it up. Do get the delectic grease as Digger stated. Use it. Moving the switch to make it start leads me inside and a contact problem. Finally, if all else fails, look up to the top and order one from one of the good sponsors.

Glen - Thought you couldn't afford it ;) It's in the HOT ROD section ... open thy eyes o young one !

Thank you Master
happy.gif
thumbsup.gif

Besides, it don't hurt to look.

Ya raise'em, teach'em and send 'em out in the world and all they wanna do is look!

Glen - that don't work, I told the ol lady that once ... only once ;)

Charlie - Evidently he'd never hooked that up to a hard pull.

Ok, after reading, searching and reading the FAQs some more, I figure I'll get hammered wit this questiong. I could just could not find anything to point to the issue.

I've inherited my Dad's 1250. Now he and I worked a lot on the 108 but after I got married and moved away he picked up a 1250 SN558297. I got her moved up to NH and I dived in to get her running after sitting idle for almost 10 years....and the grass is growing fast!

Well, got her running with a car battery so I got a new right sized one. Got that sorted and jumped on. Depressed brake, pushed lever down for REV, we started moving back. Everything is great! Backing about 30 feet and I needed to stop so I jumped on the brake, worked. Went FWD. Then....went back to REV...nothing.

So...I've read about HYDRO Nuetral, the speed creep, changing the two gals of fluid. But what in the world could be the issue after it was working great?

My guess, gelotenous HY TRAN...was it? But it is a GUESS!

I took off the tunnel cover. Watched the rather interesting linkage. Everything seems to move fwd and back. I need to go though my Dad's stuff to find the manual, I am sure he has it somewhere...

I would not have this with the 108 I kept thinking to myself....but that is 300 miles away and rusty sadly!

Any wisdom would be mostly helpful.

Thanks!

Jud D.
The first I would check is to see if the shaft going into the hydro pump is turning with the drive shaft.
You dint say if it would move at all after you hit reverse.

Well Digger, yes. I did find that "splinter" FAQ website...and there I read about the Neutral issue thinking perhaps I could glean something re adjustment. But, based on the movement back and forther of the trunion, I'd say all is well.

Yes, the drive shaft is spinning nicely into the hyrdo tranny. White fan and all. The tranny is just slightly warm to the touch but not hot. There seems to be no noise or decernable change when I move the "shifter" up and down.

Stumped.

Kinda sounds like the relief valves aren't working, like they're by-passing. It could be the fluid is heavily jelled like you said or very very low.
Can you see the trans input shaft coupler turning, maybe even the input shaft too ? It's possible for the shaft to turn but slip in the coupler or even the coupler slip on the input shaft due to a sheared pin.

I know there's got to be a few Mothers out there that read the forum.
56514.gif

And for all you others, don't forget to call home today!

Somebody posted a HP VS torque formula a while back, I have searched but can not find it anywhere. Can someone post this again?

Thax

Kurt: why did you drop the tractor off then? I would have went home with the tractor to never return!

Glen, you mentioned that you don't want your 12hp kohler. I am looking for one.

Just thought I would share some pics from plowing today. My buddy extended his driveway so another buddy and I leveled out the extra dirt in the back yard. In case your wondering that is a piece of aluminum angle clamped to my plow, I use this for final grade. Everything worked great after I cleaned the carb. Seems there was dirt in the gas tank I used.
56518.jpg
56519.jpg

oh boy! checkerboard!

As Charlie is gonna tell ya ... PLEASE HIT ENTER After your typing BEFORE posting pic AND in between multiple pics.
thumbsup.gif

Anyone know the belt length for a 473468R2 belt. Thats the number out of my CPE-2 book, for a 38inch deck spindle drive. I found the pto belt in the faq list of Charlies, but not this one. Thanks

Latest posts

Back