Archive through May 09, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered something once ...
83798.jpg

of course the enclosed Gators got here as I was making the last pass on the front yard.

Some joker @ CCS thought it would be funny I guess ... FedX guy took a double look at it before he handed it to Kathy ...

I just wanted to thank you guys for the help. I need to find myself a mule drive and then a deck to go under it.

Thanks again.

Marlin H. and Jeff M. To both of you... Congratulations.
Shift.gif

Jeff M. It looks as if it has been very well taken care of. Just something about the slant grille Cubs. Probably since my first Cub was a 125.

Marlin H. Does everything work on your Cub? Any possibility of some action shots before you restore it?

Darn cold, wet, windy day today. I over extended myself Friday and yesterday. Should have rested only so much to do and so little time. Still haven't had a chance to change oil in the 782D and get the deck on it. Nor get the 125 setup to mow with. Only one lawn of the four that I am mowing has been done once so far. Should the weather ever settle down and things dry up then I'm going to be busy. Today.... I am just going to rest.... so far. When the weather breaks then I'll have pictures of a couple of recent Cub related acquirements that we've been blessed with.

B.T.W. <font color="0000ff"><font face="verdana,arial,helvetica"><font size="+1">HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL MOMS AND MOMS-TO-BE!!!</font></font></font>

Cant wait to see a freshly restored groundsaw. HAPPY MOMS DAY!!!! M.H. I like your 125, they are basically the strongest cub ever made, so I hear around my family, and the forum (Kraig...
happy.gif
)

a quick note on spring tune ups... if for any reason you need to remove the air filter baseplate, DON'T lose the lock washers off the mounting screws[like me] it seems that the screw is just long enuf to interfere with the choke plate pivot pin [ scratches head... oh duh!!!] but it is spring and happy cubbing all!

how man turns out do i need to start with on the screws on my carb on my 129? its still haveing a dieing issue while mowing when i accelerate or hit a large clump of grass it starts chirping and bogging down till it dies i am stumped.

Hey Guys, I haven’t posted anything in a long time, but have been checking in on you all from time to time. Glad to see the gang is all here.

So, I would like to set my Dad up with a Tiller and was thinking that I would get one for my 109 and give it to him. While I am waiting on a response from one of the sponsors up top, that had one listed, I decided to do a little research on here. I ran across a couple of post where people did not recommend using a Tiller on anything with less than a 12hp engine. Is that the consensus? I read in the Tiller manual that they were suited for engines smaller than 10hp, so that is why I am confused.

I am also going to look at an 1100 on Monday, strictly for lawn cutting duties. I see that the 1100 is listed in the Lawn Tractor Forum, but posts there say that it is a Garden Tractor and belongs here, and post here that say it is a Lawn Tractor and belongs there. So what gives. If I decide to get it, where do I post my questions or Pics?

Jeff G.-

If the tiller has both extensions and is being used on a hydro, than I'd say you need 12 if not 14. I have a tiller with both extensions on my 128 gear drive, and that works real good. I think it'd work on a 10 h.p. if it only had one extension, but you still might be pushing it on a hydro. Is the 109's motor strong?

Mick, I checked carb adj info. It says 2-1/2 turns for hi-speed and 1-3/4 for idle. Get hi-speed adjusted befor you set idle speed.

Allen/Mick-

The manual setting are generally too lean. Try 2 3/4 on the main and just under 2 on the idle. That's usually extremely close to correct.

I have used a tiller with both extensions on a 70 with a K181 repower. It did work it hard at full depth. It works better with at least a 12 hp hydro. I am going to put mine on my 106 this year and see how it handles it. I know I will miss the hydraulic lift but until I get my 149 back running, it is either the 106 or the 1650. I have a belt for the 106 so that is the first choice. The next problem is waiting for a used input shaft for the gear reduction since mine had the hole egg-shaped when I took it apart to put the creeper on. I suspected to find this problem since the driveshaft has not run true for the past few years.

Latest posts

Back