Archive through May 09, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no i dont know if its working correct or not i got it back in the shop fires up idles great revvs up good it will sit and run at a high rpm fine every now and then it sounds like it misses but keeps going

Hi All....Havent been here in quite a few years, so I had to re-register.

I have a 100 I picked up from a co-worker. I want to start a rebuild on it.
First off, I am trying to find the serial number. I know from the pics on the cubfaqs page where its SUPPOSED to be.
It has the 1.5"x1.5" (or so), flat boss cast just in front of the casting number on the trans, just like the one shown in one of the pics.
The only thing is, mine is blank.

Anyone have any ideas?
Thanx!

Marlin Homrighausen, Tractor runs, trencher works but I'll be needing to get a lot of parts to get it back to original condition.

I'm scared the archive bug might get this one....

Hi all, sorry to beat a dead horse here. Charlie posted a picture a few weeks back with info on nice AG tires, good price, shipped right to your house. Looking for 23x10.50x12. Thanks!!

Art U: On the 70/100 it may not be on that "Boss"...On the earlier ones, it can be forward of the boss on the reduction housing like shown in the first photo for the 70/100. That is where two of mine are. That light colored area on the reduction housing, where the SN is shown in the photo, is just where the photog wiped it clean so you could see the numbers. Look carefuly again and believe Charlies CubFAQs !

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

I have a 125 that is need of an engine rebuild. I have looked for a machine shop here in Mass that will do the work for me (valves, guides, pistons, rings, bore if needed) and I have yet to find one that is interested. All tell me that it will cost more that buying a new short block and that I would be better off just buying a new short block and be done with it. I can't believe it. I found one person in RI that is willing to do the work. What is the opinion of this group? Can you recommend someone who can rebuild my kohler or should I just suck it up and buy the short block? Thanks...Mark

okay guys I checked th FAQ. Is the tiller belt for a 128 really supposed to be 7/8" wide? I would hate to spend that much for a belt and it not fit.

are the original ''Cub Cadets" from int. from the early 70's with the round fenders worth much? My grandpa has one and I was just wondering.

Mark H., check out David Kirks website from the sponsors above.

Latest posts

Back