• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 08, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see what you're saying, but it's just the angle of the photo. I just can't figure out what else is wrong/worn out. The clutch won't release, and I have the adjustment nut as far as it will go.

Looks like his motor mounts are shot and the engine is sitting way low from here.

I think If you are gonna use solid motor mounts in a QL,you will have to go w/a solid 3 pin driver

Is that a solid piece behind the throwout bearing? There should just be a washer and then the spring.

David- those pictures are from the bottom looking up so if you are seeing the same thing I am the engine would be sitting to high or the fork bracket is to low.

314502.jpg

Attachments

• 314502.jpg
    314502.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 134
  • 314502.jpg
    314502.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 130
The 2 pics of the throw out bearing and the spacer were taken with the clutch on the floor before being re-installed. The pic of the clutch plates and solid 3 stud plate are installed and the last pic from the rear is installed. Sorry for any confusion. This still has me stumped.

I was ready to tell you it was put together wrong because my parts book shows the sleeve with the grease fitting at the back behind the spring but then I looked at the service manual and it shows it assembled just like yours. The service manual also shows that the teaser spring fits completely inside the cup when compressed and the cup pushes against the plate. In you pic of the driver it looks like you can see the teaser spring. Also in that pic it looks like the rear plate isn't flat against the clutch disk. Could something be out of line and binding?+

In the pic of the clutch plates I had pushed down and held the clutch to be able to show where the spring was located. Same reason the plate is loose for that pic. Thanks for all the good observations. I still haven't been able to figure this out.

The only other thing I can think of is the pilot bearing in the cup on the engine is tight and binding but those are usually worn out not tight. If that's not it I'm out of ideas.

I'm going to use the "there are no stupid questions" excuse for being able to ask this. As much as I have fooled with this now (changing an exploded 3 stud plate) and I still don't see exactly how it works. What causes a clutch like this to "not clutch"?? Grinding into gear? Not pulling back far enough on the leverage fork, bad teaser spring, bad main spring, throw out bearing? Not sure what to look for?

Back