• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 08, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Henri,
LOL, what you doin man!
bouncy.gif

Henri - When ya get yer beenie weenie can restrung give me a call and I'll tell ya how to fix a 'puter with an 8 pound sledge!

Thanks Digger. Unfortunately that complete lip is for the most part totally gone. I have maybe 1/4" of lip on mine. If that part is unavailable, I have a fix in mind, but my fix depends on one thing: Do those relief valve tits stay depressed until you start the motor or are they supposed to pop-up on their own if no pressure is applied onto them?

I got the relief valves freed tonight and noticed they stayed 'down' until I cranked the motor and the pressure built up in the hydro unit. If that's the case, I can remove what's left of that lip, spot weld some long fencing nails to the arm so the 'U' end of the nails makes contact with the relief valve buttons.
Only problem is if those relief buttons 'pop' back up automatically, those nails won't carry enough weight to keep them depressed and keep the hydro trans in neutral...

Hard to explain, but it'd work...

Lip - If ya need a hand mounting your snowchucker for the first time give me a shout and I'll help ya!!! 'Kato ain't that far from me.

Tom,
Yes they do stay down until the pump pressure pushes them up.
As far as the flapper goes, Hit one of the sponsor buttons above and get yourself a good one, you'll be happier later on.
thumbsup_old.gif

Also- that 1/4" lip that is left on mine looked normal until I cleaned all the crud off then looked at just how far away it was from the valve buttons
bash.gif

Edit- wow, buy something? They still got that part in a bin somewheres?

Thanks Digger.

On the manual transmission cub (73), I mowed the front lawn. I noticed that at times I had to double clutch it to get it into gear. The gearbox seems fine, but do they all do that?

Latest posts

Back