• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 04, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Michael M,

Sweet looking 782! Almost as nice as mine. Only thing I see missing is the IH emblem on the front grill between the headlights. What is the serial number on yours? My #1 782 was built in April 1981 and is one of the last 2000 IH/Louisville CC's made. The original Series I KT-17 is still going strong 33 years later. If yours was built in May 1981, it is very near the end of Louisville production. The last 782 serial number is U0694248 for your reference.

IH 782>CCC 782.

Did a first half a**ed mow of the season- new hydrostatic filter (a fleetguard from an Case IH dealer to replace an AC Delco one) sub frame/mule drive and deck installed. Mowed good once the filter had fluid in it. It's hard to believe that it's may 5 and it's still only 50 out and I'm still running the house heat.

I haven't posted here in quite a while so I figured I'd do it today after getting some quality time with my 109. Got the lawn rolled finally but there were a few soggy patches but she handled it ok. That roller is an old hot water tank, 48x16 filled with concrete and weighs in at about 700 lbs and does a decent job.

286108.jpg

Keith O, Great tip, and easy to do! I followed what you had done to stop the rubber headlamp inserts from vibrating around inside the screen panel! That could have taken me a while to figure out on my 1450.

This morning before work, I installed the mule drive/lift system to the 1450. I was surprised how easy the installation was! I don't plan to use the 50" mower deck just yet. At least the tractor can carry it aroung looking good, and saving me space inside my Cub Cadet Shop

Thanks Bill Jamison.

My local tire dealer has pronounced my old tires as crumbling and no hope of repair.

I plan to replace the tires and fluid and add some wheel weights.

You're right about the Kwik-Way, it sticks out further and the bucket is incredibly robust (heavy).

Thanks,
Lee

Gerry Ide. Got that part, thanks.

Problem I'm having with the deck manual info is, What deck do I have??? 2 came with the tractor at auction and I don't know which one I have (other one was trash) I cant seem to cross the deck ser# to anything to be sure I'm looking at the correct manual.

Thanks everyone for the compliments on my 782.

Ron S., the serial number is 690488...getting close to the end of production for the Louisville tractors.

286113.jpg

I received my muffler crutch for my 1450 today from Kirk Engines, Inc. . Thank you David!

That sure is a nice 782, btw!

I've got two cultivators, only one is a brinly. So I took all the parts I have and installed them on the brinly, but I'm lacking one clamp and wedge to put three spikes per side. I have 3 spikes and one clamp and wedge left over. How important are the wheels? Can I take the wheels off and add two more spikes to tear the ground up before tilling or should I buy another clamp and wedge?

286116.jpg

Back