• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 04, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtanner

displayname
Donald Tanner
lurking.gif
popcorn2.gif

224881.jpg

3 year old tire from China. Sounded like a shotgun blast when it blew. I had the hay wagon sitting out in the yard getting ready to clean up the place this sprinig.
Guess I will be useing the 30+ years old tires off the 127 to finish the spring clean up.

I used this wagon to haul in the hay just a couple of years back.
224884.jpg

Anyone know a reason why I shouldn't use a Walbro #60 carb off a donor K-321 on my K301?

Rodney and Kraig

i have a theory of how you could guestimate the date

if you take the start and end serial numbers to get the total number produced for the month

then look at the calendar for (in your case the month of july) and see how many days there would have been work at the plant. that will give you the average built per day. from there take the average per day and start figuring the start and stop number per day

that is what i did for my 4

thanks

old.gif

Chris,
I had already done that. With 1992 CCO's built in July '61" and 20 working days i figured around the 24th or 25th. About a week before i was born.(7/31/61) The 4th was on a TUESDAY,so not sure if production was down on the 3rd (nowdays it would be) but they averaged 100 per day.

Dennis Frisk, Dave Ross, Boy some times you hate to sit down and confess on what you find, Dennis; I did end up going back in and installing the valve rotator and check tappet clearance , that was all good, checked the timing marks ONE more time, that all looked good also. Just about that time the Boy walks in the shop from work ,starts lookin things over (Here"s were it gets humiliating) and finds the nut loose on the negitive side of the coil!!! With that,sheet metal back on,back into the frame,a couple of mounting bolts,fuel tank, wiring,set the carb(per your suggestions Dave) hit the key, and it took off, like a fine tuned piece of Kohler runnin equipment, Just finished puttin it all back together, Thanks for the help, and make sure everybody to tighten up the small stuff!!!!!!

I have a 108 with a manual shifter mounted
right on top of the transmission, which
has become loose, but which will still
engage each gear (1,2,3,R) with a bit of
searching. Does anyone know what has
happened and how I should repair it?

108 SHIFTER PROBLEM:
There is a H-ring in your shifter cup that probably broke the spot welds.
Take your shifter cover off and spot weld it back.
If not, plenty of places on this forum to find one also.
BTW- Very happy to have you here on the forum.
ROD

Thanks Rodney Smith for a quick reply,
and a friendly greeting!
I'm going to try today to remove the
shifter handle. The small pinned cup
retaining the neck spring gives me a
little anxiety, but I'm an ok mechanic,
so maybe I can figure it out.
All I have is a MIG welder; if I'm
cautious do you think that will work?

D Trigg, WELCOME!
WELCOME.gif

Here's some details on the shift lever: CLICK HERE then scroll down the page for several posts with photos on how to get the shift lever apart, some drawings showing where the crack(s) might be and more photos and details on how to repair it.

D Trigg, one other thought. It could be the guide stud (or what ever you wish to call it) could be loose causing a sloppy shift lever. The stud fits into the slot in the shift cup. Sometimes this stud comes loose and allows the shift lever to move more than it should. It is repaired by placing it back into it's proper position and then tack welding it.

224903.jpg

hey guys,
Just a quick question,I've replaced the cork gasket on the 1250 and am putting everything back together.Do the bolts for the rag joint just get snugged up or is there a torque value.The manual just says to reconnect.
Thanks
Dave

Dave Charette

the rag joint should just be snugged up.To tight and you will damage the Rag joint.
old.gif

Dave C., to add to what Don wrote, I believe the nuts should be of the self locking type. Either Nylon insert type, deformed type or the ones with the dent in the side of the nut to deform the threads.

Does anyone make a rotary broom that will fit on a wide or narrow frame Cub??? Need to find and easy way to get gravel out of lawn.

D TRIGG,
KRAIG steered you in right direction. GOOD LUCK!!
Now here we go in another direction,I HOPE!
ihrotate.gif
Over the years i've looked in all types of magazines for the start of 1960 and on. I can't ever seem to find adds about the CCO's. In later issues such as NG i've found ads for 70-100 and 71-102-122's but no CCO'S. Sure like to find some vintage ads to cut out and frame for shop.
ROD

Dan H., try Jenkins Sweepster, they used to make one. I have an old one that's been modified and is in need of new brushes:

224914.jpg

224915.jpg

224916.jpg

Rod, you mean like this one:

224917.jpg

Dan H., I forgot to mention that I used to use mine for sweeping the gravel back into the driveway in the spring. My QA42 snowthrower is great at spitting the gravel into the lawn. The Sweepster did work quite well to sweep the rocks back into the driveway. It also worked quite well at dethatching the lawn. One has to be careful or it will de-lawn the lawn... BTDT
facepalm.gif
I've not used mine in years because of the worn out brushes. Last time I checked a new set of brushes would run about $200.

Latest posts

Back