• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 04, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glen C.-

The late QL/82 series axle is exactly the same as the earlier WF axle; the only difference is that the spindles are 1" instead of 3/4". 18s might fit, but the spindles won't do you any good because they don't fit a 982 axle. Just get the entire 982 axle assembly...

Pat K the blade you posted a picture of is off a Sears/Roper tractor. The lift linkage is original but the actual blade has been replaced. Roger

Todd M.: Something like this?
83595.jpg

ug. cut the grass with the snapper (trying to sell i know, at least this way they know it cuts grass.) so i took the 127 out to just have some seat time. it was running good until it started to hesitate a little bit. then it choked out and died. i restarted it and it ran for about 5 minutes and did the same thing. everytime i restart it i get a poof of black smoke. it has been sitting for over 3 weeks after running it last time.

i'm thinking it just needs the gas burnt out or something. i'm going to start her up in the garage and let it run for a bit.

theo

Frank C,
Bingo! that is exactly what I need. I'll print that off and add it to my paper copy of the service manual.
Thanks much!

hmmm started it up, attached the trailer and it ran fine for over 30 minutes. guess it was just a fluke unless it occurred while i was using the mower deck and the pto belt could be causing it. hmmmm

that and the bolt on the hood came loose. the poor 127 is missing the small metal tab infront of the hole and there is a pressure crack that runs about 1 1/2" past the bolt hole. twas rattling a bit.

theo

Kraig M,
Thanks for the pics your a GREAT help! How much weight can you put on the front I was thinking of 4, 41 pounders? You make having this puter worth while!
Thank you
Paul A

Theodore,

You are likely starving it for fuel. The extar load of the deck pulling on the engine requires more fuel than just running with a trailer. My guess is that you have something plugging up the carb passages, needle valve, float bowl, fuel line, or tank sediment bowl/screen.

If it were mine, I'd rebuild the carb after a good soaking in cleaner, replace the fuel line, drain the tank (watch for good flow) and then get some good fresh gas in it.

man im jealuos i wanna push sand, instead i gotta pull arerator (think thats how its spelt) o well still getting good use out of the tires i picked up off the curb

Paul A - I'm using a similar style bracket on my 782 and have four 41 pounders on it. Works great.

Glen, Glen here. I had 18's on my 1282. I mounted them on standard rims. They would hit the side panels on a hard turn if the axle was rocked all the way. You should have no trouble on your tractor. I really liked the way it looked.

Hey there,
Got a question (actually a few) for you guys.

I'm on the verge of buying new blade for an original Cub, but want to make sure i know what im getting into. is there anything to watch for, and any parts which are not available?

Thanks,
KC Ryan

Paul A., the <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> weight bracket manual states two 75lb wheel weights, I'd think you would be safe with 4 41 pound suitcase weights.

83668.jpg

weird though. i ran my 127 yesterday to cut the small segment near my road and it was fine. there might be some debrie floating in the tank thats choking it out. but it started to choke out even without the pto started for the mower deck.

its working good now i'll just let it alone till it does it again

theo

Kevin R.
I think there are 2 blades for the Original, 1 is the non trip blade (no springs on back of blade) and 2 the spring trip blade. I have a non trip blade and have been warned that these can cause for sudden ejection and bodily damage hehe.
I would try to find a spring trip one unless it for show. That being said I did use mine for snow and gravel duty with no ill effects
83702.jpg

As long as "ramming speed" is not used...
err.gif
(OOOOF!)

Latest posts

Back