• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 04, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blanasa

displayname
Brian Lanasa
Dang archive bug!
Try again. Thanks Charlie. Does it go right here?
83554.jpg

can some one can help me out with a brand name of the cab posted earlier thanks

good morning all could some one tell me what part number this is i seem to of broke it right at the pin hole in the shaft were the drive shaft connects
83559.jpg

The IH number is IH-406844-R1.
And it's still available, but at $319.54, I think you would be better off replacing the pump with a good used one.
biggrin.gif

thank you Charlie i was there i geusse i just didnt dig deep enough thanks again

Mike B and Kendell I,

I once worked around some metalugists and I think they had a process they called Acid Etching, I'm not sure if it is the same the police use or not. Stamping the S/N causes a difference in stress in the metal to some depth that is much more than the visual, and that process brings it out.

You have to wonder what people are thinking, ground off s/n's would stand out like a sore thumb to anyone knowing the equipment.

Dave

the Cub hunt continues. saw a 105 at swap meet sat- all wires were detached "needs a starter" CO says. ok I cant here it run, its out.
local ad for a red 782 that runs but uses 1/2 qt oil every 3 hours. hmmm I guess bad rings or a decent leak somewhere maybe? that isnt normal oil use for one of those engines,correct? it also has a slight trans. leak but comes with spare trans & rear axle assy. oil use concerns me tho. any thoughts? asking 750 as it is. doesnt know hours on tractor either. I figure to pick forum brains since you have been down this road I'm sure. and I want a tractor before summer gets here!

Anyone know where I can get the specs to check a kohler coil with an ohmmeter? I checked the kohler manual and it only gives specs on the breakerless and magneto coils. I have a used one and I want to make sure its good before I put it on.

Harry, buy them all and sort them out later. If it says IH on it you can't go wrong.
lol.gif

Seriously, if you need some thing that is ready to do some work today just make sure the motor doesn't rattle and smoke too bad. You may want to browse through the forums classified ads to see if there is anything there for ya.

Got some action shots today, 10 yard of sand is no match for the mighty Cub!
Shift.gif

83572.jpg

83573.jpg

83574.jpg

83575.jpg

OT post alert...

At the risk of getting Denny started again
lol.gif
, we stopped for a "Work of Art" at Arthur's Deli in Rock Island on Saturday. Good food AND they have their priorities straight!
83582.jpg

Brian -I check ads every day & hit CL daily-even in a 4 state area. My main use for tractor is in our town park-I volunteered to help with grass planting & such; and plowing my lot in winter. I can ask more about the 782 oil use, I just dont want to spend 700 & have to shell out more a new engine 1 week later.
Those sand pix have me thinking;we put in sand volleyball court in park last year & have to rake it out , with right tires/weight ya think maybe I could attach landscaping rake or similar to rear ,rake that court w/o getting buried up to air cleaner? hmmmmmmmm......

Paul A., here's some photos of wide frame mule drive based weight brackets.

This one was made by Steve B.:

83584.jpg

83585.jpg

Here's one that Denny F. made.

83586.jpg

It is very much the right way to go. <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> sold a add on bracket to convert a mule drive bracket into a weight bracket. However it used wheel weights as weight not suitcase weights.

83587.jpg

83588.jpg

I finally found the archive page that dealt with re-epoxying PTO clutch coils. I've got this one off of my 1650 that really needs to be re-epoxied. However, I'm not sure how to clean this without damaging the coil. Anybody have some ideas?

83590.jpg

Matt G,
CRC Lectra-motive cleaner or NAPA #4710 electronic cleaner.

Bryan..
Does one of those dispensers serve Hy-Tran?
cwm.gif

Charlie, finally figured out what was wrong with the 129 today, the wire from the points to the coil had become detached. Runs like a champ now!
thumbsup.gif

If i get the 1" spindles off of a later model quietline,is that attatchment bolt bore in the axle still 3/4" or is it 1" as well, and will the 18*8.50-8's fit in them without mods? alls i want is the bigger tires upfront to improve the stance of the ol 149.
thanks Glen

Back