• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 02, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rwilke

displayname
Ryan D Wilke
<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Jerry Bliler (Jbliler) on Tuesday, May 01, 2007 - 10:08 pm:

...Found the IH numbers on your lookup but the parts house here hates going to that much trouble.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Sounds like the dealer near me..... Jerry, I'd suggest you QUIT GOING TO THAT DEALER and find another dealer nearby or simply order from one of the sponsors listed at the top of this page. During these hard economic times, you shouldn't put up with or tolerate mediocre, sub-standard or half-azzed service!
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Ken and everyone else, I don't get bent out of shape or aggravated, takes to much energy...I appreciate your answers though and I learned a long time ago folks should listen to experience. I have went thru all the FAQs and went back on a lot of the vaults postings(wont pretend to understand all of it though)so I ask.
I was trying to see if a distributor was anywhere around martinsburg,wv and the price,quanities that I could order it in. My engine has a little ping to it but it is getting less the more it runs, remember this cub had been sitting for over 20 years in a garage.

Gentlemen,
I was just told that a few folks had tried to get the 147 I now have running before it was given to me with no success, they asked how I did it and I told them it was you folks on this site. They asked for the site addy and I gave it to them after telling them they need to be nice and respectfull cause you folks know your stuff (bad part is one gentlemen thought he knew cubs and after I told him what I had to do to fix this after you all telling me he liked to ....., bet he will bejoining before long, snicker snicker

Ok, after much cussing & adult beverage (burp) I finally got the tiller mounted & the helper spring. Now, can someone please tell me the best way to adjust the helper spring is? Also, I realize this is a subjective question but how much of a difference will I notice using the helper spring? Thnaks a bunch!

Connecting rod bearing insert part numbers needed.

We are building a stock K301 and would like to machine the stock rod for a bearing insert. Is there a list of manufacturers and part numbers available? Thanks in advance. G

Byan R.

When I installed a helper spring on my 129 for use with a tiller, I tightened it up as much as I could. The tiller is a heavy piece and any help you can get will quickly be noticed.

Try it there and if its too much when you go back to a mower deck or blade, (assuming you will do that) just adjust it back about half way or less on the bolt.

Has anyone hitched a cyclone rake up to their narrow frame Cub? Got any pictures or advice? Thanks!

Garland - Take it to the Hot Rodding Section for better results. Those guys do the inserts, this section is for the stock IH Cubs. I know some of those guys probably never look at this section. There may even be the numbers you're looking for posted there already.

Christopher - If you get one hooked up you're more than welcome to try it out on my front yard. I mowed yesterday and it had grown 4-6" in a week.

You talking about one of these ?
56079.jpg

OK forget it ... I found the Cyclone Rake... watching the video. I wouldn't call it a RAKE!

G Sweitzer, Just search the name Brian Miller on the net. Go to his site he has info on the bearing number and also the machine service if needed.

Jerry,

Well, I must admit the tiller is really heavy. I have it all the way in minus 2-4 turns LOL! It's still something I'd say there would be NO WAY my wife would be able to lift!

I suspect it's something that would be best left to hydraulics! Shame the 1862 can't do it not only since it's going to be the loader but also b/c of the aluminum housing.

Ken,

No, I'm talking about one of these:

www.cyclonerake.com

I've got one to pick up the leaves in my yard in the fall. It works great! I used it last fall with my Simplicity rear-engine mower, but it was a bit of a strain on that small machine. I'm sure the 106 won't even notice the extra load.

The issue is the way the cyclone rake connects to the tractor. It has a flat plate that bolts to the rear of the tractor:

http://www.cyclonerake.com/install.htm

But the Cub requires a special plate that I have to buy. They want $50 for the new plate, and I was wondering if anyone else had used it, and how it attached to the back of the tractor.

Hello men,I have recently added a creeper to my 100 and I have noticed that it seems to be hard to get out of gear when in low range. As I have never had any trouble out of this trans. before the addition of said creeper, my initial thought is since the trans. is lubricated through the action of the gears pulling oil up onto them,that since they aren't spinning as fast when in low they aren't getting lubed as well as when in high range. Here is my Q,would there be any benifit/harm in filling the trans. with say 1/2 pint extra fluid? Has anyone else had this problem or even thought about this ?????

Kentucky, is that your hay rake? where can I get one? Does it run off the front P.T.O.? Or the action of its wheels?

Henri - That's Charlie's smelly feet you see in that pic. Notice he has on shoes ... I'm frum kaintuck remember! They work from the ground contact of the tines. Northerntool.com has them and it'd be $393.47 to my door.

Christopher - I said I was watching the video ;) I still say that aint no rake! If they bolt it to a sheetmetal lawn mower then you know your cub will handle it better!!

Brian,

I agree, with the spring, its still heavy to lift. Atleast with the assist I can lift it with one hand. Before I got the spring installed, it was two hands. I considered trying to install a second spring somehow, but never figured it out. I have since gotten a 149 w/ hydraulics to mount my tiller on. I do like the spring assist and hand lift for mowing.

Heck, I thought I was the only one from Ken-Tah-Ten that never wore shoes.Now, how 'bout this trans issue?

Henri-
Your problem has nothing to do with the fluid level in your tranny as long as it's up to the factory specified level.

When you put that creeper in your 100 you had to shorten the clutch assembly or swap in one that was shortened.

I'm betting the clutch just isn't adjusted correctly and may not be releasing all of the way.

When you put the tractor in neutral with the engine running and push the clutch in, does the shaft stop spinning completely? If not, that may be the problem....

Aaytay,the shaft stops completely,that was first on my checklist,I used the one that came with the creeper,I'm not sure but I think it was cut off a little to long could this cause the problem I'm describing?

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Chris Busch said:
. . . Another trick which is cheaper is to get a spray bottle of water and spray a mist of water into the carb with the engine warm & running. I've done this before with car engines that were gunked up. Check this out for more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_injection_(engines)<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

What a fascinating link! Water injection adding power and fuel economy while cleaning the engine. I might have to mount my old ultrasonic humidifier on the hood and route it to the air intake - wouldn't THAT look cool
joker.gif
! Seriously, though, how much does it take? Just a few sprays from a mister bottle into the intake? Or should I keep spraying for several minutes?

Latest posts

Back