• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 01, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I HAVE SEVERAL WIRING DIGRAMS BUT NONE OF THEM INCLUDE THE CC125.IS IT DIFFERENT?

Alright.
facepalm.gif
Learn somethin new every day.
err.gif

Jerimiah and Dennis,

Do you have any idea how much all those chemicals are polluting our food, soil, and water supply? Do you know how much energy it takes the water treatment plants just to remove all of that so we can drink it again? So you may have well water. Then your just SOL unless you have a good R/O filter.

All so you can have the same blade of grass growing next to each other. Guess what, my lawn is green too. And much more hearty because it has lots of stuff in it. I buy all organic food too so my kids and myself don't end up with early growth or cancer. We use 50 year old tractors, we should farm that way too.

Ok, off the soap box.

To stay on topic, I brought home my "new" 2072 yesterday. I'm so happy to have a super!

Charles, to expand on the model numbering scheme, for the 70/100 series all the way through the 1x8/9 series the models ending in a even number = Gear Drive, those ending in an odd number = Hydrostatic. *** Except for the 71 and 73 they end in an odd number but are Gear Drives.*** For the Quiet Lines series, those ending in "00" = gear drive; 800, 1000 and 1200 and those ending in "50" = Hydrostatic; 1250, 1450 and 1650.

Daniel,

238563.jpg

David, they are interchangeable between the various QL models but I believe they wont fit in a narrow frame due to the starter.

David S,
If you mean will an engine from one model, such as a 1000, bolt into another model such as a 1650, yes they will all interchange in that respect.

David S.
A quick look at the Parts Look up at the top of the page would have answered your question as well.
thumbsup.gif

NIC - Yes, I know exactly how much power it takes the local water treatment plant to filter out my weed killers. Exactly NONE. I live in a rural area, have a well and septic tank. A foot across three of my four property lines I have row crops, alternating between corn, soybeans, and wheat. Across the road I have mostly corn but about every 3rd or 4th year they plant beans. The gallon or so of herbicides I use every year is NOTHING compared to what my neighbors apply every year. If it's going to find it's way into my well it can come from my neighbors as easily as it can from my yard. And yes, I do have an R/O system.

I've worked in the potable water equipment industry most of my professional career, I understand what you're saying about polluting our water supply. We as a world population will become very "thirsty" long before we get "hungry".

I stopped fertilizing my yard 15 years ago because of the damage urban use of fertilizer was doing to the local ponds, streams, and lakes. A good friend and co-worker was an avid fisherman. I aerate my yard now every fall, and my yard is in MUCH better over-all shape turf-wise than it was when we bought this place 20 yrs ago. And the prior owners had Tru-Green or Chem-Lawn or whoever come in and spray four times a year.

Like I've tried to say in my posts about spraying weed killers, you have to spray accurately, if a little is good, a LOT is NOT better. You have to mind the details. We have some very noxious weeds in this area that will take over large areas if not controlled. I'm sure you've heard of KUDZU, the plant that is taking over the state of Georgia. Well, around here Wild Cucumber can do the same thing. I've seen wooded areas along roads & Interstates where several acres of trees have been killed by it growing over them. I have a couple small wooded areas just several hundred feet from my yard. I get several Wild Cucumber plants every year. Mowing will slow or stop them, but if they get under a bush, spraying works much better. I try to manage my yard responsibly.

Post one:

Converting the CC Hydro 782 from tractor to mower and hooking up the mowing deck I've discovered the PTO is choking the engine out when it is engaged. I've tried the PTO with the belt removed and still the engine chokes out. Any help?

Reply one:

Is your seat safety switch still in place? (sit on seat and try) Otherwise:

Hotwire the PTO to the battery with a jumper wire (by-pass the switch) and see if it is fixed. The PTO switches can cause issues like yours if the contacts inside them get burnt or worn.

If it works hotwired, trace out all of the safety switches and check for corrct operation, continuity, etc. and with switch removed check for correct pin to pin continuity.

Current follow up:

Disconnected the wire leading to the PTO. Engine still stalls when PTO activated (seat safety switch deactivated before this problem started). Did notice something different with wire unhooked, the clutch? (metal ring around front mounted pulley) did not slip back toward the engine when I engaged PTO. With wire connected, the clutch did slip back toward engine. Either way, the engine stalls when PTO is engaged.

CB Pools, Mayberry, NC

Latest posts

Back