• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 01, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ahhh.. I finally remembered my other question: on a 109, is the battery under the seat? that's where the battery in this one is.. (at the moment, at least)

Charles K.
Yes and that's where it needs to stay.
biggrin.gif

I am running a 169 with a 44 deck with speed up pulley. It takes a 78 belt on the P T O pulley. And a 77 belt on the spindle pulley. If that helps.

Alright.
biggrin.gif
It threw me off since there's a toolbox under the seat of my 126. Hmm. guess i'll just have to weld up a box to bolt onto the front, then.. (Gotta have some place to put the chain for pulling out Deeres and MTDs.)

PSA..
Regarding Charlie's response to the filter cross-reference list, The Fram entry in not a correct filter for a Cub Hydro. It has an anti drain back valve and will not work properly on a hydro (especially when cold). The proper filter is a suction-side hydraulic pump application... BTDT...
old.gif

Charles,
Aarron from Xtreme Motorworks above has toolboxes made for your cub,,,
thumbsup.gif

p/n CC-54-002

http://www.xtrememotorworks.com/Parts%20Catalog/Cub%20Cadet%20Parts%20List.htm#Body and step

Ray,

It is very likely that when IH upgraded an office they sold or donated the old furniture to local businesses, or in your case, donated to the museum (especially if they were big sponsers already).

I'm sure IH didn't make the desk, but I'm also very sure an IH employee was the first user of your desk.

Keep looking aorund, if the museum ever "gets rid of" any furniture, you sould be 1st in line!!! There can't be too many collectors out there with a genuine IH desk in their office!!!!!!

Scott T.
I'm not the one that compiled the list!
I just copied it from a previous post on the forum.

If you would like to make up a proper list with the pro's and con's of each one, I'll be more than happy to adjust it and add it to the FAQ's.

I am in a heck of a pickle since I sold a 90 degree gear box on ebay.
I pulled this from a snow thrower and though it was a bit stiff to begin after turning the pulley for a minute everything seemed to rotate smoothly.
Since I am not fully familiar with this unit I assumed since it rotated easily it was good to go.
Then last night I received an email saying the bottom bearing was seized.
It the inside of the bearing suppose to turn or does the shaft simply pass through like a sleeve?

Hydro filters? For a cut away comparison of several filters, Click --->HERE Then scroll way down the page. Keep in mind the various manufacturers may have changed their designs since this was done.

TOM R. - One your snow blower gearbox, the shaft should not turn inside the inner race of the bearing, and the outer race should not turn inside the case of the gearbox. I can't remember if those are open or sealed bearings, I think they're open bearings, you can see the balls and ball separators, but you should be able to see the outer race being stationary when you turn the shaft, and the balls will rotate, and the inner race spin with the shaft.

It's not a big project to replace the bearings, the sponsors should have the right bearings & seals available.

Charlie,
I just wanted to share my experience with POS Fram products... Their book lists it for that application, and I had a lot of issues because of it.
bash.gif
bazooka.gif
Fram needs to change their application catalog. I know enough now that I look into the filter when I buy it to make sure it is for suction duty. I think Kraig helped me out on this about 8 years ago...

I didn't want to imply the whole list was incorrect, just the one filter, hence the "PSA"

Just for giggles, I went to the Fram site, and did a screen capture.... It says no drainback valve... perhaps they read my nasty-gram I sent them 8 years ago? I may have to check this out to verify. Not that i'll buy Fram stuff, they are still junk, IMHO...

238506.jpg

Work continues on the 147: I sucessfully cut off the bearing race on the front PTO today. I took to it with a dremel and a cut off wheel- upon getting close to nearing completion cutting down the key slot I took a crappy screwdriver and split it down the center of the cut (since I have no chisel) and it pulled right off, nice as you please. I had already loosened the locking collar so that came off easily as well. I then took some sandpaper and cleaned off the crankshaft, applied some grease, and put the new bearing on. I think it's coming along nicely. Up next; whenever the rebuilt PTO arrives in the mail, I might be able to get my mower going again.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a101/drglinski/104_2376.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a101/drglinski/104_2375.jpg

Dennis Frisk were the MPH speeds listed by IH at
governed engine speed? When you spray how fast do you run? I want to pull a sprayer with my 128 for weed spray on my lawn. Am trying to adjust the speed to get the right amount of spray without killing the grass. Thanks.

Kendal H.
Use 2,4-D LV4 and you won't have to worry about killing the grass. And it's twice as effective as anything you buy over the counter and last longer!

It will eat your bushes and other broad leaf plants alive real quick.

Well I now have a pan for my 125. We agreed to meet half way , next thing I know he is sitting in my yard. We did the switch for the 125 wheels for a good 125 pan. But after talking to him I ended up giving him a new PTO button and a few other things he needed. He told me he had a PTO rebuilt for $300.00 . I told him I would do the same for $100.00 complete with a turned cut disk.he brought his old one here and all was wrong was the bolts backed off.He told me about a 100 with rear PTO up his way for $400.00 with a snow blower and a good deck. dang I hate to hear about a unused Cub. Might have to go look at it lol.I will be repairing his left spindle so His 125 steers like it should. I had him rum my 149 and my 1512 diesel and I think he wants a diesel lol
sorry.gif

Ok, very excited here! I just won me a Cub Cadet 149 for $250! Looks decent from pics' but carb' and air cleaner missing. Hopefully engine is okay and mower deck. I do have a few engines that may be okay if not. I know I have an air cleaner. Supposedly it turns over.
I know VERY little about the 149. I had a 1250 years ago but it did not have hydro lift like this does. Now I just have a 108. Can a plow be angled hydraulicaly too?
Is this a decent deal? I figured I could not go wrong for that.......Ed.

Back