• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 01, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chip,
My 174 was doing the same thing 2 days ago, when it died it would not even crank over until it cooled off, then it would run for another 15 to 20 minutes and do it again. I asked on here and Terry suggested I check the wire connections. I had already cleaned everything since I had just installed a new battery but went back and started cleaning again. I found some corrosion on the 'F' terminal of the start/gen and after cleaning it off (and it went from the post down to the case on the engine side of the post, hard to see)Anyways after cleaning that off and cleaning all the cables again it has not acted up since and runs better.

Chip:
If the shrouds are clean from grass clippings, perhaps the engine is carboned up. That could create hot spots and pre-ignition.
For cleaning carbon from internally from an engine without removing parts except for the air cleaner, 'sea foam' really does the trick. There is a spray variety which will make it easier for side draft carbs. Another trick which is cheaper is to get a spray bottle of water and spray a mist of water into the carb with the engine warm & running. I've done this before with car engines that were gunked up. Check this out for more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_injection_(engines)

Charlie,
I was trying to get info on the cermax but got this message:
An error occurred
Our online store could not perform the operation you requested. We are being notified as you are reading this message.

Any suggestions? thanks

Karl - The "Store" is for distributors.

Chris - I use to do that too but it needs to be said that on a real hot engine a <u>mist</u> is ALL you want to give it as to much cold water can bust the piston.

Cerma removes carbon build up and I can testify that it'll remove all the oil sludge build up. I've experienced that within the first 20 miles!

56074.gif
<font size="+2">PSA</font>
As Charlie said before, why use his bandwidth talking infomercials for Cerma ... Check out their site , read the testimonies , and test reports. Then contact a distributor and BUY some!

56075.gif
You'll be glad you tried it and I'll bet that you buy more for other engines and gear boxes. Transmissions and rear ends will benefit from it too. You'll get higher engine revs because of the less friction properties of the ceramics. Don't go thinking you'll peg a 10k rpm tac though ;)

Get off the MMO addiction!

Cerma treated engines run cooler , have less emissions and are good for the environment as compared to untreated engines.

(Karl this isn't directed directly at you , so don't get bent out of shape about it like some do around here. It's just for your reading pleasure)

And NO Charlie doesn't pay me to plug Cerma either! ... but if he wanted too ...

whistling.gif

OK that's enough plugging for a single sponsor! Other sponsors don't get this much hype for free but since Cerma IS new it deserves some notation.

Support ALL the sponsors whenever possible. I have in the past. I've bought from 4 , did welding for 1 and made a web page in the past for 1 and am thinking about buying from a new one if I can talk him into it ;) ... but who will it be ...........

Ken

I've used the buzz box for cast before and it works but just didn't seem to work as well as when you have a chance to weld it with DC. Other than that the AC buzz box is a good little machine, it's what I learned to weld with.

Agreed on China sucking up materials. It's driving the costs up at my plant so bad that I might be looking for a new job, steel being our biggest overhead. Oh, ya and it's cutting into my cubby repair dollars too! ;)

Latest posts

Back