• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Newbie to IH Cub Cadet In Ohio

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brian slepoy

Hello,

My name is Brian and I am a proud owner of a 1641. I am the third owner and when I purchased it from a friend of mine 4 years ago he gave me the original purchase order and receipts from the original owner. When it was ordered it he requested the GT48" deck, when it came in the factory installed the GT54" deck. Clearly a mistake but I like the story and having the documents. I put a cat 0 3 point hitch controlled with the hydro's and have some attachments. I am looking for a GT54" deck if anyone knows where I can purchase one I would appreciate it

Some folks really seem to like the 54 deck. I have one on an 1862 and like it so far tho I haven't used it much and it's kind of rough.

Hello,

My name is Brian and I am a proud owner of a 1641. I am the third owner and when I purchased it from a friend of mine 4 years ago he gave me the original purchase order and receipts from the original owner. When it was ordered it he requested the GT48" deck, when it came in the factory installed the GT54" deck. Clearly a mistake but I like the story and having the documents. I put a cat 0 3 point hitch controlled with the hydro's and have some attachments. I am looking for a GT54" deck if anyone knows where I can purchase one I would appreciate it

Hi Brian,

The 1641 has a important valve adjustment at around 600 hours. My dad had one that missed that adjustment and it caused a bit of interference? damage. I think it's just your typical valve clearence adjustment. It was a long time ago but as I recall it only affected 1641's with the B&S 16HP Vanguard. Hopefully someone will chime in with more experience will chime in.

I really liked dad's 1641. He also had the 451, 45 inch snowblower. He loved blasting snow with that beast. He found a blower for me on Craigslist and made a convert outta me! When I move to a rural lot in 1989 he found me a 149 with a 44 inch deck and a 45 inch blower. Let's see,a 149, then a1862, a1860, an 1872, a 5252, another 1872, a 2284, and SZ60.

Good luck with your deck search.

Back