• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 01, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kweaver

displayname
KENtuckyKEN
Brian just wants to know how to hold his mouth when he puts the pin in ...
drool.gif

Sorry, Charlie, I guess I was wrong - again.
blush.gif

- For some reason I thought you had personal experience with the product and could share your experiences at the related FAQ.
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Ryan - You know how the exhaust from a car tail pipe will burn your eyes and nose ? After I had Cerma in the Rodeo for a couple of weeks I put my face right down to the pipe and took a snort. It didn't burn my eyes or nose or my lungs, and I can't stand to be around exhaust because I passed out once in a garage where I worked from car exhaust in a closed garage.

Curtis,yea jumped it then Iwent to change batt. it died,did simple test and armature should be good.If gen is good tractor should run without battery.?????????????????

If your generator and regulator are good and all the grounds / wiring is good it'll run without the battery as long as it doesn't have electronic ignition.

OK, my mind said Henri opened the circuit and that would make it die. I forgot what V/R's do, I guess.

Ryan W,
Your not wrong, just misinformed.
I do have a lot of personal experience with it.
I've been testing it for 2 years now and I'm the only person other than my independent distributors that you can buy it from in this neck of the woods.
But rather than waste our bandwidth, there's a link attched to that pretty button at the top of all the pages on the forum to use that tells way more than I can.
And yes, it's just that easy!
But I see that you have already been to the site. Did you read what it had to say?

Of course there were probably many that MMO was snake oil too. BUT, MMO will kill your dog if he drinks it, Cermax WON'T.
biggrin.gif

Well, turns out the bolt that grounds the regulator was gone,no ground,no charge.boy do I feel stupid!!!!!!!! no such thing as an extra bolt. thanx for ya'lls concern.

I have a Cub 149 Hydrostatic steering box that needs rebuilding. Can someone direct me to rebuild instructions on the net, or advise the procedure? Also, I want to confirm the proper oil type/weight for the 14hp Kolher engine as well as for the hydrostatic drive. Thanks, JR

Charlie - You tell me what it's off
dunno.gif

John - Hit the FAQ button above , if that's not enough info to keep you busy then there's a second FAQ.com button there too. There's more answers there than you can ask questions for.
smile.gif

Okay, here's one for the expert diagnosticians here. My 147 was running great, but suddenly died so I assumed it ran out of gas. I went to the gas station to fill my can. When I got back and approached the 147, the coil exploded and smoking oil went everywhere. I put a new coil on it. Wouldn't start. I discovered the insulator in the contact points had melted and arced. That's probably why the mower died in the first place, and the coil went because I forgot to turn off the ignition (doh!). I pried the contact point spring away from the frame with a screwdriver. While I was at it, I got a new spark plug and condenser. Then I changed the oil and tranny fluid. When all was done, it started up just fine. After 10-15 minutes of cutting, however, the RPM's suddenly dropped and I heard valve noise. I also noticed smoke coming out of the valve cover breather. The engine seemed really hot. I checked the oil level and found I had over-filled it, so I emptied some. When I started it about a half hour later, it ran fine again - for a while. Then the same thing happened again. I went through this cycle about 4 times total.

My local dealer said he didn't think any of the other stuff was related. He thinks it's just stuck valves, and suggested I remove the cover and spray the valves with penetrating oil. I'll give it a shot. Do I do this while it's running? Any other diagnosis, ideas, things to check out, etc?

Thanks,
Chip Stewart

“It’s very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who’s learning to play the violin.” That’s what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver." - Richard Brautigan

Charlie, Aatay, I drove to Winchester, va to the nearest cub dealer I could find, when I showed him the gasket he looked thru every book he had then he told me some idiot has had to went to an auto store and found this thing and make it work. I took the sediment bowl assembly with me and sure enough you all were right, it takes the flat rubber gasket. he also said I could not get that type assembly anymore and asked what else was wrong, he found me the shut off valve assembly for it too. Also got a new pto drive belt, new plug and air filter. now to get to the garage and get it all back together. thanks again

Donald T.
Welcome back!
biggrin.gif

I guess we better warn everyone that your probably going to be asking some very serious questions about your 129 that yur building the loader for. LOL

We'll try to be gentle on ya, Weaver prolly won't, but the rest of us will.
rofl.gif

I have a Cub Cadet 129 with a broken rod and a cracked crankcase. The crack is along thetop edge right behind where the start-gen. mounts. The oil did not run out. Can this cast iron be welded?

Iwant to thank everyone for their help, I just got done mowing the yard and around the hill with the 147 that was given to me with no problems.

Dale - Kohler cast iron blocks are made from broken Kohler cast iron bathtubs (probably sinks too, that's why they got into the engine biz). Not the best cast iron to be welding on. Used blocks are abundant if you look. You'd spend more money welding and machining than it'd be worth ... and I say that with 34+ years welding under my belt.

Charlie -

Latest posts

Back