• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 30, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like to Thank John Cress & Tim Deterding for all the effort they
put into making the DeQuoin NQS pull happen. This is a huge
undertaking. The facility , track and organizing of this pull was
fantastic! Thank You again! and I hope you to do this again next
year! It was a class act! just as you are.

Congratulations to the new points champs!
Super stock - John Cress
Pro stock - Julian Stahl Jr.
Open SS Julian Stahl Jr.
Stock altered Harrison Stahl
Pro altered Harrison Stahl
Pro Outlaw Harrison Stahl
Outlaw Kelly Nichols
30 Cube Tony Hiefner
Great Job!

Engine Builders Cup
Congratulations To JW Engines. Pro, Super & NP for the SA/Outlaw

Anyone who knows Nick Laibe. He is out of the Hospital & doing great!

MVP racing engines Thanks Jim & Julian for the $50 MVP racing
contingency money to the NQS pullers running MVP engines! We were a
little off at the start of the year but the improvements that came
later in the year were great! winning just as many Pro & Super
class's as all of the other engine builders put together! winning 5
out of the last 6 & finishing 2nd in the missed win opertunity!.
great job guys!

Chuck Vogel, I think you have a pretty nice tire on your hands in the
VM07. The guys that got to play with the couple sets you have seamed
to do very well with them. I'm looking forward to seeing them develop
more as time goes by.

NQS- Julian & Cathy Stahl Thanks for all you do with promoting NQS &
giving us a first class pulling series. Next year is your tenth year
doing this and you definatly don't get enough credit were credit is
due!, Thanks again!

Greg I didn't get a pic of the tires but heres what I can telll you about the, from what was shared with my brother & I from Chuck & Steve Johnston over the weekend. they are called the VM07. they have nothing to do with or even resemble a PitBull. it looks like they put alot into them from what the NQS pullers have been doing or trying to do the last several years.out of the box the lug angle is 15 deg. , the lug is hooked back slightly, the lug is 5./8 in deep with 1/4 inch of rubber below the lug yet so the lug can be made deeper or just give you alot of room for extra cutting. I believe hardness was around 78 on the durometer. They are wanting the actual lug width to be 12 in. they were only 11 1/4 on the proto type tires they had there & the circumfrence was only 80in. with 5.5 psi (a bit short) but I'm told this is something that will be corrected on the production tires. they just need to rework the mold to accomadate the curing process. they have 1 less lug than a Cepek & 2 more than a LawnTec. Also the sidewalls feel stiffer than the others . I had 8 psi in my LawnTecs & they were softer than the VM07 with 5.5 in them. but they did mention that the tire does not grow as the tire PSI goes up & the lug stays flat. I'm not sure if the flat lug is good or not since at many tracks a crowned tire works very well. It will be intersting to see how the tire works as they have more time to play with them.

these pics where taken by Photo Joe of Full Pull Magazine www.fullpull.com
55769.jpg

55770.jpg

55771.jpg

these pics are of John Cress's tractor in the Super Stock class. he had the VM07 tire on his tractor. kinda hard to make out the tire but it gives you an idea of the looks.

If anyone knows some performance tricks for the 582's 16 horse B&S, I'd like to hear about them. Also, I'm looking for pics or ideas how to route the exhaust headers on the 582 for the 16 horse B&S. I really don't want to cut holes in the hood, was thinking about out the grill & up. Looks like I'll be running the stock engine until I can find a 16 horse Kohler.
Thanks
[email protected]

CD about the best tip I could give you is take it out & put a V twin kohler in it or a single

Yeah Don, I'm looking for a single. Have leads on several running 16 horse finally. Was worried I'd have to start the season, (this Saturday) with the B&S, but there's a light at the end of the tunnel now.
Thanks

The Blue Ridge Mountain Garden Tractor Pullers Association would like to invite any and all pullers to our Saturday May 12th pulling event in Buchanan, VA at 3pm. We have classes to accomodate just about any kind of pulling tractor and we have a first class, beautiful, pulling sled that is a joy to pull. You can check out our classes and rules at www.blueridgemountainpullers.com to see where your tractor fits. We have junior classes, pure stock classes, hot stock classes, modified classes and super modified classes. NQS 30 Cube tractors fit in the 30 Cubic Inch Modified class. NQS Stock Altered tractors fit into the 40 Cubic Inch Modified class. NQS Pro Altered, Pro Outlaw, Pro Stock, and Super Stock tractors fit into our 50 Cubic Inch Modified class. NQS Open Super Stock and any Jugged Kohler single cylinder tractors fit into our 70 Cubic Inch Modified class. But check our class rules...there are more engine types that can fit into them if you have them. All the motorcycle and small car engine tractors fit into our Super Modified and Mini Rod classes. Sorry, no V-8 classes yet.
The track has been moved and upgraded for 2007 and we have hauled in about 18 tandem dump truck loads of brand new limestone clay that is clean. The track has been groomed and leveled for a good pulling surface. The track will be a 200' track with ample shut down area. The pull is located just off Interstate 81 in Virginia. If you are coming from the north, follow I-81 south to Exit 167. Turn left at the bottom of the ramp and proceed for about 1.2 miles. You will cross over a large concrete bridge. Turn immediately right over the bridge onto Lowe Street. This is the recreation park and the pull will be on your right. The pulling track is literally only about 1 1/2 miles off of Interstate 81 for easy access. If you are coming from the south, you would take Exit 162 off I-81 to Buchanan and Lowe Street would be on your left. There will also be a car show this same day in the park so there will be lots of cool things to see.
If there is enough interest and enough pullers in each class, we may implement a payback purse. This is not set in stone but could happen. Our current hook fees are $5 per hook and you are guaranteed 2 hooks per class at 2 different weights (see rules). If time permits, we can also allow you to jump a class and pull 2 more times. Four (4) pulls for $20!!! What a bargain. If we decide to implement a 75% payback purse, then it would be voluntary and voted on at the drivers meeting and a $15 per hook fee would be implememted. This would allow $10 of the hook fee per tractor (75% of the entry/hook fee of $15) to go back into a purse and distributed between 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places.
We have gotten a lot of interest and we are hoping for a large turnout. We have pullers from VA, WV, NC, and MD that have stated they would be coming to pull.
For more information or to pre-register contact Greg Edwards at 434-996-5549 or email me at [email protected] and come and join the fun.
Thanks,
Greg

Connecting rod bearing insert part numbers needed. What engines (Wisconsin, Continental, etc.) use the inserts?

We are building a stock K301 and would like to machine the stock rod for a bearing insert. Thanks in advance.

Ryan,

Thanks for the bearing part number. I see the CB-278 P width ("length" in the catalog) is 1 inch which is wider than the connecting rod bearing surface. Apparently, having the two outside edges of the bearing unsupported by the connecting rod is not a problem.

I see the CB-524P width is 0.7550" and CB345P width is 0.7600" in the Clevite catalog at <http://www.engineparts.com/publications/2-200-05.pdf>

Garland

Ryan,

Thanks for the bearing part number. I see the CB-278 P width ("length" in the catalog) is 1 inch which is wider than the connecting rod bearing surface. Apparently, having the two outside edges of the bearing unsupported by the connecting rod is not a problem.

I see the CB-524P width is 0.7550" and CB345P width is 0.7600" in the Clevite catalog at <http://www.engineparts.com/publications/2-200-05.pdf>

Garland

Hello, were do i buy a set of heavy duty axles for my cub 129. I have rebilt the front end and now puting on a front end loader.with the loader do i need to upgrade the rear axles.???
Thanks Don tanner

Finally got the Turbo system setup put on it has whistle and boost hope to get a plow on it and get it dialed in this weekend and get some video of it smoking.
56171.jpg

56172.jpg

56173.jpg

Michael M.,
THAT BABY LOOKS SWEET!

What model CC is/was that?
Was it OEM with a diesel?
If not, where did the diesel come out of?
Where did you get the little turbo?
How about a pic of it from the side with the hood closed and one from the front with the hood closed?
Are my eyes playing tricks on me or does that baby have POWER STEERING?!
....tell us more about the buildup and your challenges along the way!
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

It is a 1772 super garden tractor that was owned by Travis.All stock just turboed and fuel turned up.Hope to have some smoking pics this weekend.

Michael M.,
We're all here hanging on the fence anxiously awaiting to see those additional ACTION (a.k.a. SMOKIN') pictures of your SWEET turbo'd 1772 Cub of yours!
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Glad they caught the SOB ! I turned in a guy here back on 2/15/07 and they claim he has enough on his machine to be one of the worst they've seen but he's never been arrested yet !! He's the brother of my oldest friend ... there's no friends when it comes to that.

Latest posts

Back