• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 28, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ryan - I have used both Shell Donax TD and Mobilfluid 424 for my 129's with no problems.
But, Hytran at $9 a gallon isnt a bad price. If the cheaper hydro fluid is not from one of the major oil companies, its best to stay away from it. The fluid may work, but have reliability problems down the road. The better fluids have a naturally higher viscosity index, additives that allow entrained air to disapate faster,better seal compatability, flow thru the filter better and handle water vapor better.

Latest in the 129 won't start saga. Changed the spark plug today to an Autolite 216 with .025 gap. Installed new battery. Engine hardly cranks over. Removed the spark plug & put some more MMO in the cylinder, installed spark plug finger tight. Any more ideas? Replace the s/g maybe?

Lonny,
At least you didn't use ALLTHREAD on the front end!
whistling.gif

C.D.
I'd check your ground connections on the frame and on the battery as well as any others that might be prone to being loose and or gunked up.
Also, did you check the timing and the plug should be gapped at .020.

CDL: Perhaps. Change the ground cable. Get a new one and relocate the chassis ground point. Do not use that IH location with the fender pan sandwich... Put it directly to the Frame!!!Of course, clean till you've got a good metal to metal contact & use some di-electric grease. ..
Has worked for me numerous times. Then clean all the terminals on the V/R.

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

ALLTHREAD ?
Now why in the world would I have used allthread to lenghten the spindles when there are ready made spacers advailable at farm&fleet. As long as you know what to look for.

Can anyone id this carb? Looking down the throat, it has LMR & the number 50 on the right side & the number 1070 on the left side. came of a B&S 8 horse, but the B&S guys say it's not a B&S cark. Kinda looks like a Kohler carb don't it?
54075.jpg
54076.jpg

CDL -

It's absolutely AMAZING what you can find if you type "lmr carb" into Google...
wink.gif

C.D.,
If it spins over its not the S/G. Did you spin the engine over with the plug out? Did it spark?

Back