• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 28, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bob,
First, do you have a picture? Sounds like the power wire to the coil might be broke.
Second, the 147's are as rare as the other cubs. It is a very desirable and sought after quality machine. Enough so that I have two. That way as I drive one I can gaze at the other from afar.
buttrock.gif

Bob B:

Here is a Color Coded Wiring Diagram and a Schematic for your Q/L:

34622.jpg

34623.jpg

Looks like it's about time to get the 782 and 12" plow ready for IA next week...........Hey Charlie, wanna play follow the leader?????

Great conversation on the Hydro lever adjustment. After reading all the posts and considering the adjustments I made to mine last year, I took my 149 out yesterday to start the spring yard work. While working on the trunion improved the Hydro operation, I still have speed control problems but they are better. At some times the speed was consistent through inclines and other times up and down. Now having decided that it is not safe (though it is fun) to make full speed turns, while pulling my sweeper, I will be adjusting the friction on the Hydro lever ASAP.

I'm back! After enduring the worst divorce in the world, I finally have my 149 back. I pick up the rest of my accessories (supposedly) this Saturday. I've avoided the forum for the duration - almost 2 years now - because it was too painful to look in from the outside. So, I have a lot of catching up to do. Hope all is well with the other members. A word of advice: Possession is 90% of the law. If you're contemplating divorce, follow these steps: 1 - remove beloved cubs from residence. 2 - file for divorce. Okay, enough about that. I look forward to re-aquinting myself with the group.

Kraig,
Yes, I'm excited about owning the 147. It has goodies on it that my 124 doesn't have: Lights, disc brakes, <font size="-2">not to mention the hydro as well.
</font> AND Now I don't have to buy a creeper to run a tiller on the 124.
thumbsup.gif
}

Any one going to the St. Annes (Illinois) Farm Equipment consignment auction next Wed (April 5)?

So now we have 3 Mike F's !! Kewl! I wonder if we all have the greatest looking tractors? That would be of course, the slant grill models!! Gear drives TOO? LOL...

thanks for the help guys! you've made life a lot easier for me!

Mike F (take your pick) -

That also means we have 3 MFs here
roflol.gif

<font size="-2">just kidding - really! we surely have more than 3!!</font>

Don't post often but read a lot. Took the day off and did not tell anyone. 63 degrees and sunny nicest day in months. Fixed the short on 1450 electrical system. Hooked up the blade and started moving dirt. Hot coffee, sunny day cub running fine and the dirt is flying. I wish was supposed to worke tomorrow so I could take another day off.

Cub has not run this good in the 3 years I have owned it. Thanks for the info to make it happen.

Bryan, Charlie. Wish I had a buck for each time I heard that one. (re:my initials). So which MF is in charge? ROFL..... :cool:

Being the newest MF on the block, I'll defer any questions to the more seasoned MF's around here. It's kinda nice here on the bottom.

Mike F3, would this be your photo from back in 2000?

34635.jpg

Kraig - it sure is, although I'm not sure about 2000. I know I received the tractor after the blizzard of 1999 and wishin' I had it for that storm. Now that I think about it, you might be right about 2000. You might have extracted that shot from http://www.associatedair.com/mike/cubcadet/cubcadet.htm
There's more shots there. Most of them were taken before I painted it in June of 2003.

Latest posts

Back