• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 28, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heck I'll play follow the leader with ya next weekend Big Steve!! Ya just gotta watch it when the gear jammer comes up on ya in 3rd and WOT in turfs and no chains!!

Hey guys-
Been a long time since I've posted here. Just in the midst of relocating, so if I do make it to PD11, it'll be a minor miracle. So what am I doing now, well I'm in the engineering dept of some place that makes things that are big, red, and run on diesel. (that should get some guesses goin!)

.....we'll be watchin for that Hugh........

Ya know what's sad!
Just about the time you think things are moving along just fine, things and people get froggy and decide not to let sleepin dogs lie.

A few of the words have been modified just a tad to protect young eyes.

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, March 31, 2006 10:56 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: email for ya POOP bag!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey ya piece of POO!,
Wasn't going to email again but what the HE DOUBLE L with your nice email the other
day just thought i'd drop my buddy a line lol.Talked to my picture service
yesterday and they pretty much laughed.They said they would never do
anything over a few silly graphics well I told them they were terrible
graphics lol.I told you yesterday I wouldn't use your graphics again but ya
know what I think from now on i'm going to post them on everything I list
just to PIZZ you off lol.I might even put a poll up to see who else notice's
how cheesy they are.Make sure to tell your buddy to keep an eye out on ebay
lol.
Really the tractor graphic was kinda stupid I mean really.What the DUCK does
it mean? lol.You have a dorky looking guy (probably you) hitting his thumb
with a hammer?.Again what in the living PUCK does that mean?? lol.Hmmm is
the guy mad because the cub is a total piece of POO?,that would be my guess
because they pretty much all are.They have a resale value after being
restored of a SUCKING yugo!.Or is the guy in the pic just a dumbBUTT that
decided to hit his thumb?.Again this really makes me lean towards the guy in
the pic being you lol.
Now the IH logo you can tell that took some serious time,all straight lines
2 colors that was some effort my friend.
The part that still cracks me up is when you said you had a guy that combs
ebay just looking for your graphics? LOL.Do you realise how DUCKING dumb you
sound ?LOL.Flip the sirens and get the graphic police on it lol.Whats sad
you stupid PUCK is all you had to do was tell me and I would have said sorry
and removed them but with your smart BUTT CRACK comments you can go DUCK
yourself.As far as you posting my emails on your pathetic forum be my guest
you and your IH buddies can have fun with it.Hmmm wonder if you posted your
first message being rude to me i'd say probably not,your probably a one
sided PUCK that makes it look good for him and me not so good well I can
take it so go for it you whiney POOP bag.Anyone that has their secret agent
ebay guy combing for violators probably this makes for some good gossip
LOL.,,,,Later Dick Head<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

(Message edited by cproctor on April 01, 2006)

Wyatt....I know it has lights, bell and siren. Could it be you are making counterfit copies of "Tinkerbell??".......
clappy.gif

Charlie,
And I thought I couldn't write a sentance! Geezzzus.

Checked FAQ first but can find nothing about adjusting the timing on a 149. Mine is difficult to start and at times backfires through the carb while cranking. With the air filter off, I can see that it is getting gas by the amount of it that is running out of the carb the more I crank it. And the inside of the carb is covered in black soot(??). How do I fix this problem.

(Message edited by cjackson on April 01, 2006)

Anyone use the new OEM Cub QL motor mounts? Part 759-3952. The replacements are a bit different than the originals and the motor is higher than it should be and hits the botton of the shroud below the gas tank. I have em torqued down to the 8 ft. lbs. as instructed. Any words of widsom?
help.gif

Chuck, your timing is advanced to much, this is set by the point gap. The points are located on the left side of the motor block when you are sitting on the cub, the gap has to be set correctly or the timing will be advanced or retarded to far. I do have the spec here in front of me, I am sure someone will chime in what the proper point gap is. Cheers Mike

Steve B, and all the MF's..
This all reminds me of a dubbed for family viewing version of th movie "Diehard With a Vengeance" where Samuel L. Jackson's character keeps calling Bruce Willis's character a "Melon Farmer"
roflol.gif

Brad and Mike
Thanks for the info on the points. Took a quick look & I'm guessing they are behind the little cover below the carb. I'll check later.

Now back to the hydro lever adjustment. This is a 149. The only possible adjustment I can find is to tighten the nut on the bottom of the shaft. There is no adjustment similar to the 129 of KG. Is this right? If so I guess I understand how this assembly leaves a lot to be desired. If tightening this nut is the adjustment, how tight should it be adjusted?

Apostle Ken-
I've progressed through engineering departments through all the "toys" starting with tractors, to engines, to construction equipment, to railroad equipment, now to fire trucks. For a while my Cubs will be back in Iowa, but for now the rest of the household's been moved to South Dakota.

At least now I should have more time for Cubs, haven't had that for two years now.

Well is everyone getting their plows ready for next weekend?

Tom,
Noper, gettin ready for this crap!
<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

URGENT - IMMEDIATE BROADCAST REQUESTED
FLOOD WATCH
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE LA CROSSE WI
338 PM CST SAT APR 1 2006

...HEAVY RAIN EXPECTED ON SUNDAY AND SUNDAY NIGHT...<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

roland,charlie,& terry, thanks for the help on my 1650.we got her running!engine and hydro seem ok, tooled around the yard for a while and parked her.next question, the hydro lift is inop.lever seeems to be stuck.is this a common problem? tractor has been sitting for a while; i got it from a guy who got it from a guy who....any ideas?thanks!

Yes Tom, the snowthrower, canvas cab, and chains are off the 1650. I then changed the oil, added front and rear weights, and mounted the plow. The only thing it needs is a good bath before next weekend. I even dug the trailer out of the back of the shed. It was such a nice day, I even got the front pulley changed on the 129. No more clunking from the worn out starter pulley. It came loose and wore the inside of the pulley. The keyway shows a little wear but I put in a longer key and we will see what happens.

So Tom, are you taking the mighty blue thing to Iowa?

Here's my plowday tractor. Its a Bitsa with a 1928 FMZ engine, homemade frame, Allis frontend, Peerless rearend, John Deere wheels, Cub hydralics and lift parts, plus more. Its made from Bitsa here, Bitsa there! (I have my Dad's plow to mount on it.) Last summer I dug up from front yard with it and that was plowing sod but with the culivator (formerly a broken down horse drawn cultivator of my grandpa's.)

I also have a 1968 Cub tractor with hyd lift but alas my truck can carry only one.
34648.jpg

Latest posts

Back