• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 26, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreinhardt

displayname
David Reinhardt
Thanks Kraig,Dave the pictures show exactly what I was concerned about. I am talking to Aaron about his custom pan. He said that he may be able to add the mod if I could come up with the location. May I forward your pictures to Aaron?
Thanks again Dave

Back on the V61 tires - we had tires that "looked" like them on a New Holland hay tedder back in the 80s. I don't know if they were V61s but a farm implement dealer might be another place to look for them.

I just bought a Cub Cadet 122 with front blade and 48" deck. What do I need to connect a sleeve hitch plow to it? Any pictures would be helpful.

Gary, WELCOME!
wave.gif
groupwave.gif
wave.gif
You will need a rear lift hitch, a sleeve hitch adapter and of course, the plow. A spring assist might be nice to have as well but not required.

First up is a drawing of the rear lift:

187323.jpg

Next is a photo of the sleeve hitch adapter:

187324.jpg

And last is a photo of the rear lift, sleeve hitch adapter and a spring assist.

187325.jpg

Thanks for all the suggestions on the V61's... there is a set comming do my door early next week!

Donald Tanner- I dont know where your $48 ones are I had to pay a bit more (got it from the place in Queens) but these things apparently are hard to come by so I just went ahead and gottem.

Kraiq, Thanks for the information and the pictures. I have a plow that I used with another garden tractor. I guess I will have to paint it with Cub Cadet paint.

Tristan Stewart

The v61s tires I bought were from the company not someone buying them from the dealer and reselling them with a markup.I looked on line to the V 61 s web site and there dealers for there tires. There Is one dealer in Canada and one dealer in the US.That is why I paid less and If I would have bought more than I set he would have done better he said on the price. I do think they are great tires and was glad they ride nice also.

Kraig in your 2 photos they appear to be different sleeve hitchs, are they different?

When I removed the tillar gear box from my 1200 I found it also had a 3 point bracket there, so now I will watch the local area for a used sleeve hitch adatpter and a plow this spring...

I am thinking about setting one of my tractors up to take to one of the plow days. It looks like it would be a lot of fun. I have a sleave hitch, but will have to find an adapter and plow. Is there anything to look for when buying a used plow? I have been watching for a used one, but any one that has one around here doesn't want to part with them. I found new brinley ones online for around $300. Are these built as good as the old ones? Am I better off finding an old one and refurbishing it? Thanks guys.

Here's one of those "look what followed me home" deals. It's a fairly nice 109 and I bought it from its original owner. It was always used for mowing only and always sheltered. He has never used the 3pt and the sleeve hitch looks it.
187346.jpg

187347.jpg

He says the lights still work but I haven't done a thing to it yet. I'll probably end up putting the lights on my fathers 128. One of the headlights is trying to come off now anyway and it needs a rear lens. I don't know when I'll ever get the 149 done. I spent the "cub money" I had for the 149 parts on this one. Sorry Charlie!

TAPCON, for those times when an ordinary drywall screw just ain't good enough...

187354.jpg

Found this when I removed the guard from a 124. Bought it from a guy who had been tilling his garden with it and I've been driving the tractor around. You never know what's lurking behind the sheetmetal.

Jerry

Vredestein Tyres North America Inc.
13 Bridge Street
Metuchen N.J. 08840
U.s.a.
Telephone: 732-549-2440/800-221-3422
Fax: 732-549-2450
E-mail address: [email protected]

This is the dealer for the v61s in the USA. they are the only people listed on the main page for the builder of these tires. I`am willing to bet nobody can beat the prices you can buy the tires for here.If you find them somewhere else they have bought them for here. I like them and will have them on my 149 soon.
coffee.gif
lurking.gif

Changed the oil, spark plugs, and air filters in both of my plowing cubs. I also cleaned the points and adjusted the gap and the carburetors. I think I'm all ready to go plowing.

Couple of weeks ago I decided to widen the bucket. It bothered me that it wasn't as wide as the cub.

187361.jpg

187362.jpg

187363.jpg

187364.jpg

Don - Different place = 18X850X8 VREDEST. 5-RIB V61 4PLY 47.86 (on order)

V60 would be better IF they made it bigger
sad.gif

Terry - You mean you haven't ripped that one armed bandit off the frame yet ? Glad to see you post some new pics of it.
I hate buckets that wont cut a path as wide as the front width too. Kinda useless in a way when clearing snow or cleaning out a barn ... ect ...

Question for you cylinder head people:
The head that is currently on my 129 has a threaded spark plug insert in it where a previous owner had stripped the threads and had to put the insert in. Well, as Murphy's Law dictates, the red Loctite that was used to bond the insert to the head wasn't as strong as the carbon and corrosion that bonds the spark plug to the insert. One of these days, I will need to replace the plug, rather than burning off the deposits with a blowtorch. I do not have the skills or equipment to weld the hole shut and redrill and tap it, and I am running low on good heads.

Latest posts

Back